Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Burger Eater Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burger Eater Lad   Email Burger Eater Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw her climb the 13th rung
I heard her singing the song she sung
I caught the flower that she flung
I saw a paper tab burning on her tongue
She's an angel you'll agree
Biggest damn halo that you're ever gonna see
He mouth roars her eye shine
If you're painfully honest
you can stand in her light, man
I saw her blow her fragile fuse
I tried to crack her code
but it was no use
She's concentrating on levitation
Her body burst into violet hues
I took a look at her tattered shoes
I offered her mine but she refused
She said: I want these cuts on my feet, man
gotta become sensitive as I can
She reached down put some trash in her hair, man
She don't wonder and she don't ponder
She keeps walking but she never wanders
The tiny cuts in your skin
They let a little fresh air in
You dilate your opening
And when it starts to gush:
START TO SING
I saw her bleed
I saw her kneel
I don't pretend to understand
What she is feeling
I saw her rise
A golden ray of light
Appeared between her eyes
She rose above the gathering crowd
The sky was dark and the weather was loud
She coalesced up in the cloud
She converted my without a word
Her churchbell heartbeat was all I heard

From: Princeton, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, Lad, you need to guess correctly what musical my lyrics came from before posting the next song.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
No guesses? Do what I do when I don't know: Type the lyrics into Google! [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I finally broke down and looked it up:

"Forever Yours", from Once On This Island.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"Like Samson and Delilah,
Your love began to fade.
I'm crying in the hoosegow,
You're in Rio getting laid!"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Same number:

" 'A wandering minstrel I, a thing of shreds and--' 'Next!' "

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
"To Be Or Not To Be" (1983) - starring Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
oooh, I think lam is almost right in that it's a Mel Brooks musical, but I have a feeling that in fact it's the new vetsion of The Producers (the first quote coming from Bialistock's song when he's been arrested and does the entire musical in a matter of seconds (worth it just for the interval bit) and the second one coming from teh auditions for Hitler.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
The song is "BETRAYED!" from The Producers.
It's Max Bialystock's big number in Act 2, in which he reprises the entire show up to that point (including "Step Four: Hire All The Actors", which is where the second quote comes in).

Over to Bevis.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Yay me! Although to be fair I probably wouldn't have gotten it if lam hadn't mentioned Mel Brooks.

Next quote:

"I'll be in my room alone
Every post meridian
And I'll read my diary
And that book by Mr Gideon"

(edited for the correct lyrics)

[ December 12, 2005, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: Bevis ]

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

another quote:

"I like big muscles
And red corpuscles,
I like a beautiful hunk of man,
But I'm no physical culture fan"

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
I know I've heard that... it's a musical.

Either Rocky Horror or Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Either or indeed. Which one though? The first quote should kind of rule out one or the other though. [Wink]

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, they're BOTH from the same thing?

Okay, then; Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

They are indeed, and it is indeed Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (probably my favourite film ever). The first one is from 'Bye Bye Baby' and the second is from 'Ain't There Anyone Here For Love' (which admittedly is from the film version rather than the original stage version). If it had gone any longer I'd have posted a quote from 'Diamonds Are Girl's Best Friend' which would have given it away instantly I suspect.

You're up Calybos.

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.