Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I know I'm right with that one so here's... well, it might not be too easy since this song was cut from teh stage version of this musical but let's see if anyone can get it anyway. As a clue this song was replaced with a fairly similar one, at least in terms of theme.

"And when I saw the awesome torture chamber in that flick.
I found I got a hard on, while the other kids got sick."

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Indeed, you are right.

It sounds like this could have been cut for "Dentist" in "Little Shop," the way you describe it. I don't have a name, though, unless I want to peek on the Internet. So I'll guess that first and see where it takes me.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh, yes, it is Little Shop. The song is called 'I Found A Hobby' and I suspect it was cut because it's just a little too crude for the rest of the show. You can get it on the Broadway cast recording that's just been released (featuring the girl who was Penny in the original Hairspray cast as Audrey) along with four or five other cut songs and the full score (including the very different ending from the film version) of the stage show. Well worth getting it actually if onyl for 'A Little Dental Music' which is a lovely song until you listen to the words. [Big Grin] I suspected you'd get it Seymour, although I did wonder if you'd actually recognise it already.

You're up again. [Smile]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
In honor of a bit of news I heard the other day:

I watch you from the shadows
You sigh before your window
And gaze upon the town ...

Guess what it is, and I'll tell you the news (if you haven't heard it yet).

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Sweeney Todd... Judge Turpin, singing "Johanna" (no. 2) [Smile]

Is the news Alan Rickman?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Yup, that's the song, and that's the news. Alan Rickman will be Judge Turpin in the upcoming movie. Your turn, KP.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Kid Prime
Founder

An odd lyric from a great show:

"Blame it on your Daddily and Mammily
Cause depression runs in our family!"

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Well, it's been the better part of a week, so let me reveal the answer:

25'th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee!

Yay, I win!

Here's another one. This one is from my very favorite (semi)current show.

The day we meet,
The way you lean against the wind,
And do not know that you are beautiful,
Or that anyone is watching you,
This is what I see.

And I notice how you hunger for surprise,
And do not think that you are tall enough,
Like you’re standing on a mountainside alone,
This is what I see.

Now I see as I have never seen before.
Since that moment in the square,
When you’re hat is carried in the air,
Just so you can chase it,
Just so I can be there,
This is how I know,
This is what I see,
This is love to me.

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Oh, "Spelling Bee" is so new, I'm not really familiar with it yet. I'm very pleased its tour is stopping here later this year, though.

For the new one, I'm going to try it without cheating and guess "Light in the Piazza." I wish the tour of that one were coming here.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Kid Prime
Founder

Ding ding ding!

Seriously, Light in the Piazza is awesome, but it's a bit inaccessible from the soundtrack. But once you SEE it...

Wow.

You're up, SS!

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

I agree. I liked the song on the Tony Awards so got the CD. It was nice, but I didn't think much of it until I saw the full production on PBS. It's quite lovely.

Here's something from a buzzed-about show:

"And you can teach him plumbing and philosphy
"New techniques for glazing pottery
"Woodcraft, first aid, home economy
"Madam, Adam will be overjoyed!"

--------------------
Geek Watch

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
That's the title song from The Apple Tree, which I hear is getting a New York revival in the near future.

The song is sung by the Serpent, and has "Forbidden Fruit" as an alternate title.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

You are correct.

And the revival is going on right now. It stars a luminous Kristen Chenowith. I got to interview her for an article I did about the revival of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown," and she's such a nice person. And amazingly talented.

Let us have it, BAM!

--------------------
Geek Watch

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"Whence this fragrance wafting through the air?
What sweet feelings does its scent transmute?
Whence this perfume floating ev'rywhere?
Don't you know it's that dear forbidden fruit!"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe that's Guinevere (Julie Andrews) singing "It's May" from Camelot, isn't it?
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.