Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name Three (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  111  112  113   
Author Topic: Name Three
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh--two I haven't heard of! Must note them down.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Name 3 songs sung by ex-Beatle Ringo Starr that were written by another ex-Beatle.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"I'm the Greatest" - John
"Sunshine Life for Me" - George
"Six O'Clock" - Paul

All three were from the "Ringo" album.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Right, 1973. I'm starting to see a pattern regarding "Who" answers all the Beatles questions!

Roll up, He Who Wanders, step right this way.

[Mon-El]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
KK, let's just say that music trivia is one of my favorite obsessions ... after the Legion, of course.

Name three bands that continued to record without any founding members present.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

I'm assuming that Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band doesn't count.
Peter, Barry, Robin, and Maurice joined well after Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play.

Oh, well!
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
~Integritas~

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

No, "Sgt. Pepper" wasn't a real band.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Hint: Three of the bands I'm thinking of were British and were active during the '60s and '70s.

A fourth possible band underwent two name changes as well as a complete turnover in personnel.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes
(Jefferson) Starship
Menudo

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

I'll accept Jefferson Starship and Menudo, but Yes has featured bassist Chris Squire from the beginning.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

This question seems to have stumped everyone, so here are the three British bands I was thinking of:

Renaissance -- founded by two former members of the Yardbirds, this band unwent a complete change in personnel between its first and second albums.

Soft Machine -- keyboard player Mike Ratledge was the last founder to leave, in 1975.

Fairport Convention -- guitarist and co-founder Simon Nicol left in 1971 and returned in 1976. In between, Fairport recorded five albums without any original members in the line-up.

Next question:

Name three TV series that have featured at least two "Star Trek" actors as regulars, other than "Star Trek" franchise series themselves. (A "'Star Trek' actor" is defined for our purposes as someone who was either a regular or a prominent guest star in the "Star Trek" TV series or movies.)

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
LA Law featured Diane Muldaur who was Dr. Pulaski on TNG and Corbin Bernsen who was one of the Q in one episode.

Boston Legal featured Rene Auberjonois who was Odo on DS9 and William Shatner, who people might recall from the original series.

Quantum Leap starred Scott Bakula who was Captain Archer in Enterprise and Dean Stockwell who was a guest star in an episode of Enterprise. I don't know if you would consider that a prominent guest star or not.

Also on IMDB doesn't list Diane Muldaur as a regular on LA Law, but she was a reoccurring guest star and prominent character in the series. Similar to the Dean Stockwell, I don't know if you consider Corbin Bernsen to have been a prominent guest star.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Benson featured Rene Auberjonois and Ethan Philips (Neelix on Voyager)

I'll ditto Boston Legal as per Quis

Avery Brooks (Sisko) and Carolyn McCormck (re-occurring role of Minuet on ST:TNG) were regulars together on Spenser: For Hire

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Quis gets the prize. ("Regular" does not necessarily mean someone whose name is in the opening credits. Diana Muldaur was on "L.A. Law" for at least an entire season; if that's not a regular, then I don't know what is?)

I was also thinking of two other series:

7th Heaven -- stars Stephen Collins (Star Trek: The Motion Picture) and Catherine Hicks (Star Trek VI)

Cheers -- stars Kirstie Alley (Star Trek II) and Kelsey Grammer (who played Capt. Morgan Bateson in an episode of Next Generation)

[ August 09, 2006, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK Name three women sufferage advocates from the 1800s

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  111  112  113   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.