Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
"Never Let Me Go ?"

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You are correct Set. It is not "I Don't want to Lose Your Love".

Cleome, you are incorrect.

Here is the title again:

"The singer expresses a negative desire to feel the absense of a separate and distinct individual quality, fact, idea, or entity."

Time, I think, for the first line to be rewritten.

The singer reveals an ability to elude the grasp of Somnus for the sole purpose of being able to perceive through the tympanic membrane the listener's ability to take in oxygen and give out carbon dioxide.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing," by Aerosmith ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
ding ding ding ding we have a winner.

Your turn Cleome

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Severe economic depression, taking place upon the interior surface of the abattoir, at one's feet.

--------------------

cleome46

Yikes. Okay, couple of hints:

Blues.

Four words.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Down in the Dumps?

--------------------

cleome46

Nope.

(Okay, I'll drop another hint tomorrow if there are no other bites by then.)

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

According to the original post, you should put some of the lyrics into other words as a hint

--------------------

cleome46

Some of the 2nd verse*:

...The addressed party is cognizant of humans who roam aimlessly from the entrance of one dwelling to the entrance of another dwelling

Said humans are unable to locate a place of happiness promised them in the afterlife

Regardless of the locales to which said humans wander...

(*the first verse, as with so many Blues tunes of long standing, seems to have a lot of variations from singer to singer)

--------------------

cleome46

Okay, is it time for me to shelve this one, Friends ? Or do you want another hint ? [blush]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Well, I know I am not a Blues fan and more likely than not, not get it correct. I can't speak for anyone else.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I want to say something like "Broke in the Slaughterhouse," but I'm not a blues fan, either.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Half-point to HWW. The answer is "Hard Time Killing Floor," by Skip James. Sorry. I thought it would be a safe pick, owing to the 45,000,000 covers I've heard-- including one by (yawn) St. Clapton.

At any rate, do you want me to try again, or turn it over to the guy in the sun suit ?

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That was a good stumper, cleome. I'd say you've earned the right to go again.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.