Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Am I missing something? I don't see how your rewording--A period of time in which the nearest luminous celestial body is obscured by the very celestial body upon which the observer is located; said time period occurs in the present rather than the past or the future--is completely represented in the single-word title, "Tonight."

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Night is when the Sun (the nearest luminous celestial body) is obscured by the Earth, the celestial body upon which a person observing that it is night is standing. That it occurs in the present makes it Tonight as opposed to yesterday night or tomorrow night.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh. Okay.

It makes perfect sense now. I yield to your genius, Quis!
[Yes]

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

Distributing contaminated foodstuffs within the confines of a publicly-accessible region of grass, trees, and/or other flora situated in an urban area (and usually maintained by the local municipal government) with the intent that said foodstuffs should be consumed by avians of the genus Columba and with the further intent that said avians should be harmed, perhaps even fatally, by the consumption of said foodstuffs.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Poisoning Pigeons in the Park, by Pat Boone.
Or was it Tom Lehrer...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Poisoning Pigeons In The Park is by Tom Lehrer and is correct!

Over to cleome.

(Pat Boone?! [Disgusting] )

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
A single unit in honor of the narrator's true love

(Followed by a single additional unit in honor of the narrator's path on his/her journey away)

[ January 06, 2009, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Time for a hint, huh ?

First lines:

The time is sometime after two. The establishment is bereft of people, save for myself (the narrator) and the attendant to whom I speak.

Attendant, go ahead and produce the wares for which I arrived. In my possession is a tale with which you are likely already familiar.

Genre: Jazz (Subgenre: Torch/Supper Club)

[ January 07, 2009, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

Gamara
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamara           Edit/Delete Post     
"One for my baby"?

--------------------
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Ding ding ding ding !

Full title: One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)

Go, Gamara !

[ January 07, 2009, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

Gamara
Applicant

Wow! OK then:

An appendage specific to the mouth that has no apparent connection to any person or animal.

--------------------

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Loose Lips?

--------------------

cleome46

"Lonely Lips," by the Chordettes ?

--------------------

Gamara
Applicant

Nope so far. Sorry.

--------------------

=Daffy Duck

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Loose Tongue by Finn Neil?

(definitely not
Detachable Penis
...)

[ January 12, 2009, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.