Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
All right, then.

[We now exit the Blues idiom for a neighboring genre]

Extremely inclined towards beliefs, practices, or rites involving irrationality and ignorance of science and logic.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Very Superstitous by Stevie Wonder

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Ding ding ding ding.

[My conscience is assuaged... for another day.]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
A period of time in which the nearest luminous celestial body is obscured by the very celestial body upon which the observer is located; said time period occurs in the present rather than the past or the future

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"New Moon on Monday" by Duran Duran?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That would only be true if the song was sung on Monday. And while today is Monday, that is not the song.

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I got sidetracked by Eclipse, from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, but that weren't it...

Ooh, a stumper!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK here's a clue

The Mechanical aeronautical vehicles that move by use of a reactive engine are going to be in possession of a 24 hour period designated as theirs, during the titled time period.

Any of numerous mostly marine cartilaginous fishes of medium to large size that have a fusiform body, lateral branchial clefts, and a tough usually dull gray skin roughened by minute tubercles and are typically active predators sometimes dangerous to humans will be in possession of their own opportunity, capability, or fact of doing as one pleases, during the titled time period.

--------------------

cleome46

The bad news is I'm drawing a total blank here. The good news is I discovered some really cool websites that stockpile songs about the moon. [shrug]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK The next lines. If no one gets it by Sunday, I'll go with a new song.

The inhabitants of a Caribbean island that is a self-governing Commonwealth and an unincorporated territory of the United States mutter in discontent "An altercation conforming to established rules"
Yet in the event that the afore-mentioned people commence a street fight usually between gangs
The singers will street fight the afore-mentioned people in a correct fashion

[ January 03, 2009, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
This is turning into an awesomely cool song in my head;

'The flying rocket submarines will have their day, during the new moon/eclipse!'

'The sharks will run rampant during the new moon/eclipse!'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

So close

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I'll do one more verse.

A certain Ms. Bryant's namesake will come into possession of what she considers fun activities
During the titled time period
She and another will engage in a minute blending together that is not public
The male participant of this assignation will arrive without the use of any mechanical means of locomotion and in a state of having a temperature above 98.6 degrees and suffering from exhaustion
the singer indicates a lack of concern for this state
His state of exhaustion is irrelevant
in the event that he is also sexually attractive

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
"Tonight" from "West Side Story"?
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That is the song. And the movie version was on TV today.

--------------------

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.