Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Song Titles - In Other (English language) Words
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[ding ding ding ding ding]

ken wins the cookies, and the next turn !

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you! Here we go...

Every single person in the most populated city in the United States who judges, evaluates, or analyzes literary, artistic, dramatic, or musical performances or works, has deep, tender, ineffable feelings of affection and solicitude toward you.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
Every single person in the most populated city in the United States who judges, evaluates, or analyzes literary, artistic, dramatic, or musical performances or works, has deep, tender, ineffable feelings of affection and solicitude toward you.

this is the second verse...

"21st letter of the English alphabet" can "have on the body" what "21st letter of the English alphabet" desire "the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one" / It "has no importance or significance" in "the City that Never Sleeps"

"21st letter of the English alphabet" could remove all "of the numerous fine, usually cylindrical, keratinous filaments growing" from your head / I don't "have a belief or opinion" they'd "be concerned or have a special preference" in "the Big Apple"

--------------------

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamara
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamara           Edit/Delete Post     
"All the Critics Love U in New York" by Prince?

--------------------
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

Gamara got it! You're up!

--------------------

Gamara
Applicant

OK next one:

A musical work that takes as its subject one person whose first name matches that of the female lead in one of the most famous cinematic pieces ever produced and whose visual receptors are the color of lapis lazuli.

--------------------

=Daffy Duck

From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes?
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamara
Applicant

Nope, next guess [Smile]

--------------------

=Daffy Duck

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Suite Judy Blue Eyes ? (CSNY)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gamara
Applicant

BINGO! All yours, Cleome.

--------------------

=Daffy Duck

cleome46

Okay then. [Smile]

Adjective, hyphenated. Popular in advertising. Connotes an appetite on a grand (ie-- not feminine) scale.

--------------------

cleome46

Couple more hints.

Genre: "Alternative" Rock. Early 1990s.

First Line: Narrator (colloquially) emerges as though greatly enhanced in proportion and/or physique. (See title.)

--------------------

cleome46

Second Line: Narrator had the outermost protective layer on the body that is not clothing removed.

Third Line: Narrator desires complete conformity, reiterates desire for enhanced proportion/physique/appetite as in song title.

--------------------

cleome46

Fourth Line: Enhanced-in-proportion Narrator is (colloquially) going forward

Fifth Line: Narrator is considered attractive in a masculine way, and has footwear made of animal skin that is generally associated with cowboys or soldiers

Sixth Line: Narrator is in possession of youthful female companionship, and proclaims said companion would impress others

Seventh Line: Narrator sheds or otherwise removes a certain undergarment (pl.);One made of a certain metallic element

--------------------

kenaustin

"Man-Size" by PJ Harvey?

--------------------

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.