Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3 (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread, Pt. 3
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Was Jon Ross a hero? Never heard of him.

But good point in the the question doesn't specify someone who got cover billing.

But assuming it is, I can only go with random guesses, and I'll start with Captain Comet.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Jon Ross was Pete Ross' (Supes childhood friend) son. He popped up a few times in DCCP: first the Legion prevented Superman to stop his kidnapping by aliens because JR was destined to lead both worlds in an important alliance (DCCP 13, Supes and the Legion). So Pete went nuts and became a super-villain, targeting Superman by yanking Superboy out of the time stream and putting his own mind in Superboy's body (DCCP 14, Supes and Superboy). At some point, they resolved that story line with Supes rescuing JR, figuring Jon could return to the other world at some point in the future.

Jon Ross instead grew up to be a British talk show host. (just kidding. different Jon(athan) Ross)

Capt Comet is a good guess, having appeared twice (the proper number. hint, hint), but not him.

Not Batman. Not multiple DCCP appearances (only one, with the Outsiders. Bats and Supes teamed up every month in World's Finest at this point).

[ November 18, 2012, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Adam Strange?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Not Adam Strange!

But of all the guesses so far, only Batman and Adam Strange had any meaningful interactions with the character in question. I believe that is still the case in recent years, but I am not 100% certain.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Atom?
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Having looked at a list of co-stars and taking your hints into consideration, I will guess Swamp Thing

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Deadman?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Joker?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Swamp Thing it is!

His first DCCP appearance (#8) was before his 80s series started, whereas his second published one (85) was late in the landmark Alan Moore run.

But several issues before Moore started, one issue began with ST and his supporting cast at Linda Holland's grave. Having dug it up, they found the grave was empty. It was a mystery then-writer Martin Pasko presumably intended to get to, but it was never mentioned again.

The opening sequence in that issue of ST (13, maybe. or 15) referred to having just come off of another adventure, with the asterisk to keep an eye out for a soon upcoming DCCP story. But it never ran. I am guessing (1) Pasko never had time to get there, (2) Moore had no interest, (3) it may well have conflicted with his ideas for revisioning ST away from the Wein mold, and/or (4) it got delayed to the point where the Moore revisioning made it pointless to run.

as for my hints: Bats encountered ST several times, in ST's 70s series, Brave and Bold, an 80s ST annual, and possible other times. Adam Strange appeared several times inthe late Moore run, in a 2-parter on Rann (where ST saves Rann from drought) and later on, Earth-side, where he fulfills ST's request to let Abby know he's alive but stuck in space (she in tuen thinks he is a madman). My next hint would have been that a back-up feature character in this character's series also had multiple DCCP appearances (Phantom Stranger).

Back to Quis!

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I just love that first Superman/Swamp Thing story in DCCP #8 SO EFFING MUCH!

DCCP & B&B were just pure 70s/80s comic awesomeness actually. You never hear anyone talking about them much but there were just so many gems in those runs. Loved 'em.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
In 1968 Ma & Pa Kent were de-aged. What was the in-story reason for why they de-aged?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Aliens were making a movie of Superman's (or Superboy's) life and decided they looked too old.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That is correct. They were from another dimension and using Superboy's deeds as a television show. The viewers thought the Kents were too old, so the producer put some deluted youth serum into their water.

I just realized, this might be the first idea of a reality tv show.

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

One of many answers where I never read the story itself but read about it. Probably in a letter column or editor's note.

Who was conspicuous by his absence on the cover of World's Finest #200?

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Batman? Seems like the era where they were dabbling with Supes teaming up with others, before the existence of DCCP.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.