Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Know Your Legion Worlders Game - Round Six! (Page 37)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42   
Author Topic: The Know Your Legion Worlders Game - Round Six!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Reposting for a new page.

Which Philippine city have I not yet been to?

Remaining choices:

c) Cebu
e) Baguio
g) Laoag
h) Davao

[ November 15, 2012, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
g) Laoag
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Been there as well. There's a great church just outisde the city, in Paoay. Other popular destinations are the ones related to former President Marcos - including a mansion by a lake, his preserved body(!) and the hotel called Fort Ilocandia.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
h) Davao

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
e) Baguio
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
c) Cebu

someone has it now

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I've been to Baguio. My family used to go there every year for the cool weather (sadly, it will never be cold enough to snow in the Philippines, but cold is relative for us - anything below 15 degrees is quite chilly). I always loved picking pine cones, blowing on dandelions, hiking, eating strawberries and roasting hotdogs in the fireplace.

I've been to Cebu, a couple of times on vacation, once on a week-long activity where we built houses for Gawad Kalinga, and once on business. They have great food too!

Novelty has it, as I have never been to Davao. Hoping to go next year.

Over to you Novelty!

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
IB, will you travel to General Santos and/or Zamboanga? I know there are a few really nice resorts outside of Davao that I've been itching to get to though. And apologies for copying your question, but:

I've been to all the South East Asian capital cities except four. Which four? Please don't spoil it for the others IB. And at one point I was down to 3... urgh, I forgot that one of them moved their capital city *grumble grumble*

a) Bandar Seri Begawan
b) Siem Reap
c) Jakarta
d) Vientiane
e) Kuala Lumpur
f) Manila
g) Yangon
h) Singapore
i) Bangkok
j) Hanoi
k) Phnom Penh
l) Palangkaraya
m) Luang Prabang
n) Dili
o) Kota Kinabalu
p) Makati
q) Naypyidaw
r) Phuket
s) Ho Chi Minh City

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

No worries, Novelty [Wink] Not soon, but definitely on my bucket list. And can I just say I am ENVIOUS of all the places you've been... I want to go to all of those! Mind if I ask, how long did it take you to get to all those? I feel like it's taking me forever to travel... Mostly because of my family and their restrictions. Don't get me wrong, they've brought me to a lot of places but I hate not being able to go when I please...

Blaze, on the other hand, has no such restrictions and has been to like 5 countries in 2 years.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Oh, as for my guess...

a) Bandar Seri Begawan
d) Vientiane
n) Dili
q) Naypyidaw

[ November 19, 2012, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

You did not get all 4 correct.

Naypyidaw is one that I've not been to, so that's correct. I think Obama is there today. And they moved the capital city there recently so blegh.

So that's one, three more to go.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

a) Bandar Seri Begawan
d) Vientiane
k) Phnom Penh
n) Dili

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Dili isn't a SEA capital city though as it geographically isn't in Asia...

Try again [Smile]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Really? Most of the sources I've read include Timor-Leste as part of Asia.

a) Bandar Seri Begawan
d) Vientiane
k) Phnom Penh
c) Jakarta

--------------------

Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

You still haven't got all 4.

I was last in Jakarta when Barack Obama was there. It was fun. When I wanted to look out the window at whether it was raining, all I had to do was turn on CNN to see the weather outside the window...

--------------------

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.