Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Queer Eye for the Super-Guy (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Queer Eye for the Super-Guy
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
We should do it ourselves here. Let's make new clothes for the Legionnaires & co. Who wouldn't like to see Dr Mayavale in a decent garb?

[ December 03, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Frog Kid ]

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a great idea! With you, Dean and Drake (and anyone else I'm forgetting) we've got a damn good stable of artists here.

Who's up for the task? We could have Lash, Cru, Teeds and two others on our panel and you guys could be the artistic end.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
A simpler question would be: Who's gay?
From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Of all the redesigns, Angel is the best - basically because they did no designing, just ripped off Neal Adams' costume design for him sans halo.

Boomerang isn't too bad either.

Obviously they've never seen, read or heard anything about Zemo. Plus eugh is all I can say to that. I can't even say its better than the J'Onn one - its just as bad.

And I take it they were having a laugh with Galactus, huh?

[ December 03, 2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I don't know how many of you read Wizard but I do. Don't know why, its the comic equivalent of the National Enquirer at times but its fun.

i also get "WIZARD" !! everyone really slags it off, don't they !!

i must admit i don't follow what they say or their opinions !! i basically buy to find out what's going on in comics at the moment !!

who's on which book, what action figures are coming out, etc .....

this artical did make me laugh !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Frog Kid:

A easier question would be who isn't surely?

I'd like to volunteer my service to the cause too, I may even doodsle a picture for you all......

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I actually really liked the Aquaman redux. I've never liked the beard-and-long-hair version of the character. He seems more Unabomber than king. I like the Roman-esque stuff. Imagine it as coral or something instead of metal and it doesn't seem so bad.

Luke Cage was also a step in the right direction, though these guys apparently haven't seen him in Daredevil lately. Luke dropped the yellow shirt ages ago. Still, anything that makes him look like a baaaad motherf (shut yo mouth!) is a good idea.

I love the naval coat on Capt. Boomerang. Makes him seem more professional.

I agree that Zemo and MM were pretty ugh.

Angel's gloves were what really made that outfit for me.

And Galactus by Tom of Finland was just damn, damn funny.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
quote:
Originally posted by Frog Kid:

A easier question would be who isn't surely?

I'd like to volunteer my service to the cause too, I may even doodsle a picture for you all......

Belinda didn't post that, it was me - she hadn't logged out last time she used my 'puter .... sorry B, but next time I'm gonna party in your name!

[devil] [lol]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Plus how could you swim in something so loose? People kick off their shoes & loose clothing when they enter the water for a reason, just as swimmers all wear skintight suits these days.

If you look at the costume in the bottom RHS, you'll see the skin-tight swimming version. As the article says: "The costume... (changes) into royal robes, armor, or a superhero uniform as necessary". However, it's basically Tempest's outfit in blues instead of reds...

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW! Rodi's kinda cute, what a beaming smile!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Star Boy:
quote:
Plus how could you swim in something so loose? People kick off their shoes & loose clothing when they enter the water for a reason, just as swimmers all wear skintight suits these days.

If you look at the costume in the bottom RHS, you'll see the skin-tight swimming version. As the article says: "The costume... (changes) into royal robes, armor, or a superhero uniform as necessary". However, it's basically Tempest's outfit in blues instead of reds...
That's actually a suit that was used by Aquaman in one of his past series. I can't recall which one but it did see publication a few years back.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Captain Boomerang's costume:

"This guy's look is so hideous, I'm amazed his boomerangs actually return to him."

[lol]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Star Boy:
quote:

That's actually a suit that was used by Aquaman in one of his past series. I can't recall which one but it did see publication a few years back.
 -

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks SoM! I remembered the look but couldn't for the life of me figure out where or when it appeared.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
There's actually a story behind that Aquaman outfit, and why Tempest's outfit resembles it so much.

The Aquaman costume was designed by editor Neil Pozner for the miniseries that cover is from. Neil and Phil Jimenez were in a relationship up to the time of his death from AIDS. Phil redesigned Garth as Tempest for his mini-series, and based his new look on Pozner's design for Aquaman.

It's much more touching to hear Phil tell it; check out the lettercols in the TEMPEST mini.

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.