Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » SUPREME by Alan Moore and now Erik Larsen (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: SUPREME by Alan Moore and now Erik Larsen
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
"Gasp! The entire family of space-hillbillies are changing their shapes!"

Great gravy! This sounds so cool!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to get all this stuff. I remember reading a couple of Moore issues from a buddy and loved it.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I wonder if Icey or Cobie ever bought this...? [Hmmm?]

Jillikers! The last time I thought about this I was actually holding it--but then bought a TPB of V for Vendetta instead! I'm going to have to re-add this to the huge list of things I keep wanting to pick up!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This thread inspired me to buy the two trades (since I can't easily locate the originals) on eBay. Just finished rereading those stories--can't recommend them highly enough! Sad thing is, I bet Alan Moore had a LOT more Supreme stories to tell.

[Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
If anybody wants to post some scans of the Supreme Legion please do!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, you guys convinced me. I went and ordered the trades from www.instocktrades.com . Now I just have to wait... [sigh] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
This thread inspired me to buy the two trades (since I can't easily locate the originals) on eBay. Just finished rereading those stories--can't recommend them highly enough! Sad thing is, I bet Alan Moore had a LOT more Supreme stories to tell.

[Frown]

Yay, Lardy!

Check eBay for Moore's 2-issue stint on YOUNGBLOOD (that's all that series lasted) and the concluding chapter in AWESOME ADVENTURES # 1... Suprema and other SUPREME-characters are there, it's a great li'l arc!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Okay, you guys convinced me. I went and ordered the trades from www.instocktrades.com . Now I just have to wait... [sigh] [Wink]

YAY, Povvins!!

It's a trip-- Moore is so awesome at interweaving Silver-Age and Modern-style storytelling. Lemme know what you think!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
If anybody wants to post some scans of the Supreme Legion please do!

I know I saw Scott (or someone) post some images somewhere, but can't find them. Here's their first appearance. I'll post more later on...

Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Awesome thanks NC!!!
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad to see this thread is back. Just this week I dug out my Supremes and have been rereading the entire run. It just feels good reading good comics, youknowwhatI'msayin'?

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

OK, with Xmas rolling up, its time I finally put my money where my mouth is (years later [Eek!] [Frown] ) and get these.

So, in addition to Supreme and Youngblood, what other Moore 'Image' stories were there (Image in the sense of the companies that were part of the origional image, including Wildstorm and Liefield's stuff)? Top Ten, correct? And was Promethia by Moore?

Didn't he also have a brief run on Lee's Wildstorm comics?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Promethea, Top Ten and Tom Strong were published by DC/Wildstorm... all fully independent of Moore's Image-y stuff and set in Moore's ABCverse (America's Best Comics imprint).

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Top Ten was incredible. I loved it.
Promethea was visually stunning but had many arcane details so one would need some knowledge of Tarot, or Kaballah, to understand it in depth but it was a very good read nonetheless.
The Alan Moore Supreme run, and all the "flashbacks" drawn in many styles from the 40s to the 70s was also very, very good. It made me a fan of Supreme. And it had the League of Infinity. Legion AR stuff, natch! [Wink]

[ November 15, 2007, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

So, three & a half years later I finally put my money where my mouth is, and today I bought SUPREME: THE STORY OF THE YEAR TPB (I'm so glad it wasn't a hardcover--I like the cheaper paper backs better!). Mainly, I did it because I'm so frustrated with Marvel and DC comics these days that I'm starting to lose any real enthusiasm for comics in general these last few months (Fables and some others keeping me in love with my hobby every few weeks), and I really got angry when I read about the spoilers for Titans East. I finally said 'screw it', walked over to Midtown Comics while I was in Manhattan today and bought it.

Can't wait to read it. I read part #1 on the train home from Manhattan. Awesome so far. I think this will do the trick. I think my new 'collecting goal' is to get all Moore 'Image' stuff.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.