Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » SUPREME by Alan Moore and now Erik Larsen (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: SUPREME by Alan Moore and now Erik Larsen
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, I just realized, Liefeld's Supreme is pretty much the answer to Superboy-Prime. Both are bitter about the fact that they were replaced by "impostors" and both are pretty much no better than homicidal maniacs.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dang, issue 66 was a step back for me... I didn't enjoy Suprema's beating. Still gonna continue, if for no other reason than to see old Supreme get the freakin' asskicking he deserves eventually.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So I decided to finally, at long last, order Supreme: The Return on amazon.com. I kept looking for it at comic book stores and even a local convention but just couldn't find it. But enough is enough! I MUST read these stories.

To kick it off, I'm rereading Supreme: Story of the Year. I'm two issues into it and once again blown away by how awesome it is.

The return of Supreme the series helped spur me on to reread, though also my continued dissapointment with DC Comics made me feel I needed something to make me feel better about comic books.

I also saw Eric Larsen said #68 will be the final part of his run, and he'll be leaving the series. Apparently this story wraps up in #67 and then #68 will be an 80 page issue with short stories for Squeek, Sister Supreme, Lion-headed 50's Supreme and a bunch of others. I think that's pretty cool! It also shows Larsen really does "get" the Moore Supreme run IMO.

Not sure who is taking over next, but Supreme won't be cancelled.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I was just coming to post the link to that:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/28/erik-larsen-leaves-supreme/

So, yeah. This may be a good thing. I'll stick around for sure now (who can resist an 80-page giant??). I'm curious to see what comes next for the SUPREME-verse.

And yes, well done on the TPB order! Moore's run is one heck of a thrillride.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It's been 4 months since an issue of SUPREME hit the stands... this kind of crap is part of what earned IMAGE so much badwill back in the day. I think the next issue is slated to come out next Weds, finally.

But then I got to thinking about it...

WHAT IF... *part* of the delay is because...

they've gotten ALAN MOORE to COME BACK?!?!

With DC's new 52 steadily going into the crapper, THAT would be the coup of 2013!!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
That would be the greatest thing to happen since...Alan Moore first took over Supreme!

Can you imagine?!!

But I do think Alan Moore thinks very poorly of Rob Liefield personally, so I'm not sure if it could happen. Still, Image publisher Eric Stephenson seems to be one of the best people in comics and could just be the guy to get it done. And Rob likes $$ enough to know when to back away and let people make it for him.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.