Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Great Lakes Avengers/etc (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Great Lakes Avengers/etc
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Woohoo! [Bouncing Boy]

I can't wait to get this with my mid-month books. TWO copies, in case I wet myself laughing! [LOL]

I've been greatly anticipating issue #1 since this mini was announced. [Cool]

[ August 28, 2011, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
what happened? who gets killed? spoil us please!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I really need to rethink about having my books shipped only once a month. Four bucks isn't too much more to add to get them twice a month. Just have to drop a book to pay for it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah. I decided it was worth it, with the great discount and all.

And I was pulling my hair out (chin whiskers, I'm bald [Razz] ) when I accidentally forgot the 2X/mo shipping with my March order! [Eek!] [Frown]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
what happened? who gets killed? spoil us please!!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Do you really want to know? Hopefully, this isn't a permanent death, since this character is my favorite.

Highlight this: Dinah Soar!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It may just be, but I thought the tone of the contents didn't at all match the tone of the cover and the ads.

Unless there's something I'm missing, I'll pass on this.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Did I hear El Aguila will join??? [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I went into this cold. I'd never heard fo the GLA, and only know of Slott's writing from the raves here about his She-Hulk. That said, it was a fun read. I'm still trying to figure out why the gang keeps Mr I around...
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not entirely sure what I thought of this. It wasn't bad, and I'm sure I'll pick of the remainder of the mini, but I'm not sure if I would want a series of this [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Quin-Jetta!?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ROTFLMAO]

I thought this was a particularly funny read, although I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the new members next issue (Grasshopper and Squirrel Girl).

[ April 12, 2005, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Not looking forward to Squirrel Girl? How is that even possible?

Monkey Joe is the character find of 2005, you know.

I hope this outsells X-MEN!!! Or at least outsells-- ummmm, I dunno.... what's Marvel's lowest-selling book?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And will Leather Boy become *the* obscure GLA member? You know, the kind I obsess about like Infectious Lass and Duela Dent? I daresay-- YES!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Willikers! How did I miss this at the CBS on Sunday? Now I have to go back and get a copy.

BTW, anyone pick up Hercules' mini? Another hysterically funny comic. That's like three in a row from Marvel...ZOUNDS!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DANG!!! I saw it and choose to pass... MUST RECTIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Reposting the comments I made on the superflous thread I started by mistake...

I read # 1 last night and loved it. LOVED IT!!

Monkey Joe has my pick for character find of 2005!

I LOLed 3 times on the very first page alone.

Plenty of serious stuff too to keep the interest of non-funny funnybook fans!

And ANOTHER member will die? Why? Who? How?

Dan Slott rocks!

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.