Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Great Lakes Avengers/etc (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Great Lakes Avengers/etc
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
How could you guys almost let me miss the DEADPOOL/GLI (Great Lakes Initiative) Summer Special?

Well I got it yesterday-- and of course it rawked.

My favorite tale was the Deadpool/Bertha date-- hilARious! Bertha's reaction to 'Pool's face... priceless!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for bumping this up, Lashie! I never DID edit Byrne's Wiki... [Big Grin]

I'll have to order this from Midtown, as I missed it with my DCBS preorders a few months back. Thanks for the heads-up! [Hug]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I did read this and it was great!!!

Lash, the date was so funny. He likes big women??? lol.

Squirrel Girl WILL save the Marvel Universe. Heed my words!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

When Bertha said 'Pool was a chubby chaser, I just about fell off the couch!

And yes, the great running joke about Squirrel Girl pretty much being the lynchpin of the Marvel Universe continues from the GLX-Mas Special. Good stuff!

Tippy-Toe rawks!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Lash, the date was so funny. He likes big women??? lol.

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
When Bertha said 'Pool was a chubby chaser, I just about fell off the couch!

Oooh, don't let Theresa(Syren) hear that... [Elastic Lad] [No] [LOL]

Man, you guys're making me want this so bad! I need a graemlin for :frustrated: ! [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ATTN: GREAT LAKES A/X/I COMPLETISTS (and who isn't?)

You MUST pick up AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE # 19 for the bowel-bursting, semi-senses-shattering revelation of who their Skrull infiltrator is. I LOL-ed and immedietely dropped the book to run here and post about it! (I'm way behind on this book and picked up issues 17-20 only yesterday)

And Squirrel Girl is once again the sweetest character in comics history. I totally have a crush on her.

I'm glad Slott's jeenyus is getting recognized with higher-profile work, and I hope it means we get more Great Lakes stuff from him soon. ONE panel is NOT enough.

Has ANYONE heard of any more Great Lakes minis or Specials on the horizon? I think the last related thing was Squirrel Girl's appearance in the "I heart Marvel" 1-shots (which was fab).

Now I'm off to finish A:tI # 19...

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
All Squirrel Girl issue in Avengers #15! Its a serious story, not really funny at all, but she does slap around Wolverine!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah...fan fiction at its finest.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Ooooh thanks for the heads-up!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
ATTN: GREAT LAKES A/X/I COMPLETISTS (and who isn't?)

You MUST pick up AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE # 19 for the bowel-bursting, semi-senses-shattering revelation of who their Skrull infiltrator is. I LOL-ed and immedietely dropped the book to run here and post about it! (I'm way behind on this book and picked up issues 17-20 only yesterday)

And Squirrel Girl is once again the sweetest character in comics history. I totally have a crush on her.

I'm glad Slott's jeenyus is getting recognized with higher-profile work, and I hope it means we get more Great Lakes stuff from him soon. ONE panel is NOT enough.

Has ANYONE heard of any more Great Lakes minis or Specials on the horizon? I think the last related thing was Squirrel Girl's appearance in the "I heart Marvel" 1-shots (which was fab).

Now I'm off to finish A:tI # 19...

BALLSACS!!!! Not long ago I gave away a big stack of comics, including my A: TI issues!!! I'd forgotten about this one!! [Frown]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
All Squirrel Girl issue in Avengers #15! Its a serious story, not really funny at all, but she does slap around Wolverine!

I read this!! The FIRST Avengers issue I have bought since they got DISASSEMEBLED, so this should tell you how much I love Squirrel Girl!

Ignoring the Avengers elements that seemed nonsensical (like, WTF is Iron Fist doing on the team if he can't outfight Wolverine?? That was WEAK SAUCE... but enough of that, I didn't buy this for those goobs anyway) I found the issue a WONDERFUL focus on my girl.

I'll be back for the next issue... I hope Squirrel Girl will be around after that.

Though I am saddened that apparently the Great Lakes team has broken up, I will gladly add this issue to my collection of their wonderful stories by Dan Slott.

Deodato's artwork has improved GREATLY... and as I remember he was ALREADY pretty good!!

*sigh* If only they would drop Wolverine from the team, I might want to check this out regularly... but I refuse to support Marvel's freaking overexposure of that guy any more than I have to...

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

So, I've been looking back into certain aspects of the Avengers... the Young Avengers, the Initiative, the GLA, Phyla-Vell...

Did they collect any of the GLA in trades?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I dunno, but I bet the issues can be had on the cheap if it hasn't. Lots of good stuff therein, the GLA mini is kinda brilliant.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And good news, it turns out I did NOT give away my Avengers: Initiative issues, I was so happy to find them!

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I looked and I believe they've collected the GLA miniseries with their first appearance.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.