Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Great Lakes Avengers/etc (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Great Lakes Avengers/etc
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I need to sit down and read these all when #4 shows up this week in my shipment. I read #1, enjoyed it but don't recall #2 at all. And #3 must be in my June shipment which I didn't get until a couple of weeks ago and is still sitting unopened in my comic storage/closet.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone planning on getting the GLX-Mas Special? [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd be SO there!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Lash I just bought all 4 issues off ebay on your recommendation...............

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Tell us whatcha think of it, icey!
[Yes]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Just read this and was totally blown away how did I miss this book? The art was awesome and I love the characters would have liked to seen a little more of Grasshopper. Hope we do get that X-Mas Special!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I would certainly have passed on it, too, Icy-- were it not for the writer Dan Slott. I trusted his name from the excellent SHE-HULK series (Slott's volume 2 coming in October!!) and bought it without hesitation. Wasn't disappointed at all!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Whats the Christmas Special? Im yet to get issue 4 (damn my CBS!)...but Im loving the series so far

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I think Scott may have been kidding about the X-Mas Special... *choke!*

You'll understand the gag once you read # 4!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I am VERY VERY VERY HAPPY!!!

GLX-MAS SPECIAL
Written by DAN SLOTT
Penciled by MATT HALEY, GEORGES JEANTY, MIKE WIERINGO,
MIKE KAZALEH, TY TEMPLETON & PAUL GRIST
Cover by PAUL PELLETIER
Marvel’s own Milwaukee-based Misfits are back—in their very own, double sized X-mas special! Sure, they survived the GLA mini-series, but can Squirrel Girl, Mr. Immortal, and pals survive... the HOLIDAYS?!? 6 all-new features of mockery, morbidity, and merriment-- including the return of Grasshopper, Deathurge... and the Yuletide tyranny of Dr. Tannenbaum?! By Dan Slott (GLA), Georges Jeanty (Gambit), Paul Grist (Jack Staff), Mike Kazaleh (Ren & Stimpy), and special guest, Mike Wieringo (Friendly Neighborhood something-or-other).
48 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$3

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Bless that Scott. Should've known he wouldn't kid me!

--------------------

Pov

Dr. Tannenbaum?!?!

[ROTFLMAO]

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:

I thought it was a joke, myself. Glad I was wrong. [Yes]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Dr. Tannenbaum?!?!

[ROTFLMAO]

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:

I thought it was a joke, myself. Glad I was wrong. [Yes]
Come on. When I kid you guys about something as serious as the GLA? [Smile]
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Issue #4 was hysterical, and I can't wait for this!

Dr. Tannebaum... [LOL]

Best line of the series:

- Flat-Man announces he's gay.

Mr. Immortal: "Guys, guess what! I'm Homo Supreme!"

Flatman: "Always have to one up me..."

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

The GLA is John Byrne's greatest contribution to comics.

(Ooh, that's good... I need to go add that to his Wikipedia entry... [Evil] [LOL] )

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.