Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Nightwing (spoilers) (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Nightwing (spoilers)
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I did...thought it was okay but not great. I loved seeing Babs in costume again and some of the flashbacks were pretty funny, especially when Dick and Babs were trapped in the vault (?) [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
There were some really funny moments, but there were a couple of clunkers too.

The continued playing down of the Dick-Kory relationship is not appreciated.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't read a Nightwing book in ages. Back in the Dixon days. I enjoyed the annual. Lots of funny parts. Kinda sad too.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The Annual was excellent, but still does nothing to explain Dick waking up OYL with a Babs-wannabe... @#$%ing Jones... [Mad]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
The Annual was excellent, but still does nothing to explain Dick waking up OYL with a Babs-wannabe... @#$%ing Jones... [Mad]

With any luck, they'll just forget that entire run ever happened.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Marv's latest issue had a wtf moment- opening with Dick and a super team of criminals?!?! This guy has ties to every good guy in spandex, and he grabs a bunch of unheard of meta-ruffians?

Post OYL, I've not been impressed with this book. Time to consider the axe.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

It's consistent, if nothing else.

The same criticism could (and should) be applied to the Devin Grayson's run.

This arc wasn't bad, but it was stretched out too long. I think they should try to cut back to some done-in-ones (or twos).

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Marv can write an good opening piece, but his follow through seems to lack that excitement. If this doesn't have a bang for a finish, I'm done.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Fabian Nicieza is doing a stint on Nightwing. Sorry gang, but he's my Marv Wolfman.

Nightwing 138 DC Comics

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Fabian's a big fan of the character, from what I hear. Good that he's finally getting a shot at the title.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

He writes fun, and that's what always made Dick different than Bruce. His enjoyment of running around in the suit played off his moral code well, making him a more entertaining character.

And Fabe writes fun.

And that issue came out this week 11/15, part of the Ra's ressurection story.

[ November 15, 2007, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Tomasi's first issue is out, has been a few weeks now. Anyone care to comment?

It was a fine first issue, catching everyone up on Dick's status (even playing around with the Richard/Dick thing.)

The art was great- Rags and Bair can do no wrong.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

I liked it a lot.

I've been burned on this title too mnay times to call it The Second Coming, but their run is off to a good start.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been afraid to read it, so its sitting on my nightstand. Is it safe to read Nightwing again? Like Miner says, I've been burned more than a few times by the title.

Rag's art is always a plesure though, I didn't realize he was the artist. Maybe I'll read tonight.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Well Rags is a great artist, but we have Don Kramer filling in this issue. And I still get annoyed when folks draw Dick's gloves like forearmbands...

Robin and Nightwing team up to stop the still unknown graverobber/mad scientist. Sure, we got a name this issue, but it wasn't one I recognized. And neither did Robin.

Generic bad guy, unsatisfying resolution, good interplay between the two heroes. Tomasi seems to want to relate Dick to the DCU. And that's fine, but he doesn't do much to create excitment or energy in the book.

That seems to be my problem with this book since Dixon left. Everyone wants to define Dick. I know who he is- the former Boy Wonder. Let's see him doing amazing acrobatics, give him some wild adventures. Sure, it's fun seeing him play off others, but not at the expense of the action.

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.