Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Thor, the God of Thunder (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Thor, the God of Thunder
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I did mean it to be humorous. [Smile] But besides THAT...not much happens.

Re: Asgard? I don't mind the medieval look. Sure I like it more cosmic as well but I don't think it would look very good in Montana. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
OOOoooh, Thor's gonna %@&* some $#!+ UP...! : [Shudder]

(Spoiler

-ish

for

#3)

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, that's only the best shot of the lettered preview. The best overall shot comes from the unlettered preview!:

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I read #2. Basically all filler, no thriller. Kind of boring actually.

However, the art remains beautiful, and JMS does a pretty good job conveying Thor's mood and his love for Sif (who IMO is *the one* for Thor).

I'm into it still though, and ready for more. Especially looking forward to what's next, which hopefully will be the other Asgardians before too long. Like Doublechinner, I also want more of the Kirby influence.

Not too much originality so far, and pretty slow, but its still pretty well done despite all that. Also enjoying Don Blake.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Well, I read #2. Basically all filler, no thriller. Kind of boring actually.

I toldja! I mean yeah Asgard is rebuilt. [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Has the third issue of this come out yet, or have I just missed it?
I am really looking forward to the meeting with Iron Man and seeing Thor kick his arse.
I don't have this on my pull list (I was going to give it a couple of issues yet) but this issue looks like the one to win me over.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
#3's due out on September 12th, WWC. You didn't miss it. [Smile]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay!

Iron Man's gonna get a kicking!

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I breezed through a 'sneak peek' copy at my CBS-- the Thor/Iron Man confrontation takes up most of the book, but more important, to me at least, was the glimpse of how Asgard will apparently be repopulated.

The first 'new' resident is either a very appropriate one, or exactly the opposite, depending on how you look at things.

I'm amazed that ol' Goldilocks debuted at #1. I hope that portends good things ahead.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Mystery Lad, if I remember correctly his previous series was ranked pretty high (Jurgens/JRJR) but kept dropping especially after JRJR (edited) left.

As for repopulating? Thialfi rocked! I would love to see him back.

[ September 17, 2007, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Regarding #3:

-- COOOOOOOL! JMS really has a handle on the language of Thor (and without the "thees" and "thous") - there's almost nothing more badass than Thor giving a speach about how he's going to rain godly vengeance upon you! Tony Stark certainly gets a taste of what's coming to him, with Thor drawing a line in the sand. His description of what would happen should the government act against him is downright biblical.

His smaller speach later when summoning his long lost asgardian brother is just as effective, though with a very different feel. (the aforementioned Asgardian also happens to be my favorite supporting Asgardian!)

And of course Coipel's art rocks the friggin' house!

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I enjoyed the latest issue! JMS does have Thor's dialogue down pat. Love it. Love the art! And love seeing Tony getting his helmet handed to him!!!

Thor is more powerful? No he just isn't holding back!

The intro of the other Asgardian? eh. One of my faves if not my fave but the whole gods as humans ignorant to the fact that they are gods...was old before JMS tried it and is only going to get older. Marvel already did that with the Asgardians not so long ago.

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Odin probably won't be a drunken down'n'out this time though.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I bought this just to see Tony Von Doom get his butt kicked. Very gratifying.

And wow, that was the *perfect* Asgardian to appear at the end for the current situation. Entire governments may be mobilizing against you? Who better to have standing watch than a man who can hear every sound in the nine worlds without fail? Stark can't even mutter 'Thor sucks' under his breath, let alone something like 'let's nuke Asgard,' without it being known instantly...

Still, my absolute favorite Thor supporting character has yet to arrive. Bring on Loki!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it would've been cool to have Heimdall actually look right at the spy satellite at the end. (a bit of a cliche I know, but very appropriate)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.