Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Am I over comic books? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Am I over comic books?
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's why we're here, Peebs. [Smile]

I returned tentatively from my short-lived hiatus a while ago. I still read a few current mainstream comics (mostly the Avengers titles, which are possibly on the verge of turning around now that Bendis will be leaving within the year and Rick Remender is taking over Secret Avengers) but I generally wait for trades to arrive at the library.

I will definitely buy Ann Nocenti's first Green Arrow issue and see where I go from there. Batwoman has been getting universal acclaim, but I've decided to wait for the trade.

And the Steve Bissette comeback comic never materialized. [Frown]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I recommend you look through the back issue bins for a $1.00 copy of X-Force #1. Then come online and write a review for it that only talks about how awesome it is.

You'll be smiling. Trust.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... I think I have it somewhere but it's probably easier to just go to the comic store and shell out a buck.

When I get home I'm all about doing this. [LOL]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Better yet, invest in cheap back issues of X-Force #14-25, the tragically short-lived Fabian Nicieza/Greg Capullo era, one of the shining highlights of 90s superhero comics.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... <GASP> could this result in me ... becoming .... an

X-FORCE FAN ?!?!?!?!!? That would be ridiculous ...

I'm SURE X-Force #1 1989 was actually a big factor in my comic book break up that lasted until 1999 !

omg I'm so gonna do it, these boards will be alight with my X-Force reviews!! (we may lose some members)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
See, now you got me wanting to go grab those issues as well...Gotta finish the Avengers first though.

I wanna reread The New Warriors as well.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

... I am half way through my Avengers reviews and real life has gotten in the way ! [Mad]

Yeah, I wonder about New Warriors ... it was one of the last comics I was getting before I quit getting comics in the 90s but ... I wonder if it's because it was good or what ? I remember it had action and a traditional heros go on adventures and do stuff format, instead of the insular world embellishment stories the X books had going on at the time. I'm still a fan of most of the New Warriors. Justice Firestar Namorita ...

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I always enjoyed the New Warriors quite a bit. It felt more real to me than a lot of comics out there.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I think the first 25 issues of New Warriors were pure gold, but then Fabian Nicieza spent the next 25 issues "smashing his toys." I love the guy, but I hate the way he built up Namorita only to tear her down.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I recently reread X-Force #1-11. If you do the same--bring Gatorade and wear Levis.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I'm actually more than a little embarrassed to go to the comic store and purchase them LOL!

Maybe I can wear a disguise or buy them online, how do you buy stuff online with cash ... from an internet cafe ... . [LOL]

I could drive across town to a comic shop where nobody knows me! I hope they don't have surveillance cameras.

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just tell anyone who asks you're buying them for your son/daughter/niece/nephew/to give away for Christmas, etc.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Due to circumstances, I'll be in all weekend... so current plans call for me to visit the CBS later this morning and get a bulk of books from my pull... I hope to spend the weekend reading them and get back into the comics spirit...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

pick up some X-Force while you're at it. [LOL]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
No.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.