Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Am I over comic books? (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Am I over comic books?
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy: I saw a recent preview of Avengers Arena #1 ...

which has X-23 skewering Hazmat as Hazmat fries the flesh off X-23's skeleton ... scrambling eye balls and all.

Kill or be Killed. [Wink]

I think I'll pass on that one. I've never liked Arcade, and I have zero desire to see any of those characters re-enacting the Hunger Games.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying the Legion Archives I've finally scored from the library.

So I'm not over comic books. I am over the idea that my finances will ever again be in a state where I can commit to buying the damn things, though.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose I am pretty much over comic books. I haven't bought even one in almost 2 years. Neither the finances nor the interest is there. It isn't just comic books, though. Lately I have had trouble reading almost any work of fiction.

I do have a nephew who is in the Marines. He is one of the finest people I know, actually. A few weeks ago I told him he could have all of my old Avengers and X-Men if he wanted them. I think I could hear him salivating over the phone.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:

So I'm not over comic books. I am over the idea that my finances will ever again be in a state where I can commit to buying the damn things, though.

I keep dreaming that one day i'll have the money to buy all the archives. I KEEP DREAMING. I mean, seriously, if you bought all 13 of them for face value you'd be spending close to 500 bucks! YEEEEESH!
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I used to get one every year for my birthday. [Big Grin]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! I used to do one every Christmas! I like your style, Peebs! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I bought about one a month when I was buying them. Managed to get some pretty good deals on them by shopping around online as I recall...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:

I keep dreaming that one day i'll have the money to buy all the archives. I KEEP DREAMING. I mean, seriously, if you bought all 13 of them for face value you'd be spending close to 500 bucks! YEEEEESH!
No, you're thinking of this all wrong. Basically, you find twelve other trustworthy lunatics. Each one commits to buying a different volume. Then we-- er, the other twelve obsessive fans besides you swap them back and forth in the mail.

Yes, it'll be sort of like that M*A*S*H* ep where everyone in camp waited their turn to read B.J.'s one copy of a mystery a few pages at a time-- but so what?

Do it for the collective! [Gates]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Collective or no, cleome, you can bribe with sweet treats. [Yes]

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Sometimes I think I'm over comic books, but I never get over the Legion Archives. They have a staying power that other comics just don't achieve.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
The best way not to get burned out on comics is to just select one title to follow. For me it's the Legion (which has meant two titles purchased a month, soon only one). This works with my budget and gives me a month of anticipation between reads so I don't get burned out. I can't even imagine you guys who have a pull list of a dozen or so titles every month. One title is enough for me.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leather Wolf:
The best way not to get burned out on comics is to just select one title to follow. For me it's the Legion (which has meant two titles purchased a month, soon only one). This works with my budget and gives me a month of anticipation between reads so I don't get burned out. I can't even imagine you guys who have a pull list of a dozen or so titles every month. One title is enough for me.

I'm similar. I pretty much only follow the Legion religiously. But it keeps me going to the shop once a month which usually leads to my buying OTHER titles which subsequently continues the evil cycle.

That and I really just got back into comics like six months ago after a 10 year break. I am faaar from burnt out yet.

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
My love has definitely waned some. I'm really not feeling the new DC, and I left marvel years ago. There are a few independents I like, but the my love for it has definitely suffered due to the bad writing, poor storylines, and almost disdain for older comics readers like me.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.