Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Earth 2 (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Earth 2
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Earth 2 #5 gives a brief appearance by another rebooted classic JSAer, and references to two more.

The storyline is still moving annoyingly slow, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. I'm loving the characterization of Jay, and poor Alan now has to make a gut-wrenching choice.

All in all, I'm definitely still enjoying this in a groovy Elseworlds kind of way.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Set, you're right that it had less impact without gettting to care about the character first, but perhaps it's for the best that they showed early in the DCnU how different this Sloane is from the previous version, rather than let us assume otherwise and think it's out of character for him if they did the story later.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy: Soon, instead of 20 batman titles (and/or wolverine titles) its going to be 20 batman titles where he fights evil versions of himself!
Like 'Battle for the Cowl,' only Batman is there, and the Earth-3 Owlman, and the Midnighter, and every other Batman-pastiche! Is there a Bizarro Batman, who fights crimefighters with his profound stupidity and array of completely inappropriate gadgets and incredible lack of preparation? There is now! Bam!

I always thought Battle for the Cow sounded more interesting, but could never figure out why a bunch of Bat-folk would be fighting over Old Bessie.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Have I mentioned lately how much I love Nicola Scott? She brings magic to everything she touches. Her work on issue #5 totally rocks.

This was a fast paced issue with lots going on. The best parts were Green Lantern, Atom, Flash and Hawkgirl fighting side by side. The team is coming together. The chemistry is good. Green Lantern is showing some early leadership skills. His intuition to trust his teammates with his life provides a foundation for lots of believable teamwork to come.

[ October 03, 2012, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
She is amazing. There needs to be more Nicola Scott ... I especially love her Hawkwoman and Flash.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The fantastic artwork on World's Finest also really makes the series. Mesmerizing and dynamic, both Perez and Maguire keep the story interesting (possibly more than it deserves to be) and make Kara & Helena more endearing with every panel.

On Earth-2, Nicola Scott is also nailing it. There's a kinetic excitement on the page that enhances the world building.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Let the record show that Nicola Scott is amazing.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
The fantastic artwork on World's Finest also really makes the series. Mesmerizing and dynamic, both Perez and Maguire keep the story interesting (possibly more than it deserves to be) and make Kara & Helena more endearing with every panel.

I almost hate to say it, as my love for Perez is well-known ... but MAGUIRE IS KILLING IT. This may be some of his best work, from the usual amazing expressions, to the detailed body language, backgrounds etc. ....

Its not right to think of it as a competition but I was afraid the pro George Perez side by side with Maguire would make one of my beloved favorites from the JLI days ... look flawed. And while GP is throwing down some of his best work in ages as well ...when I turn the page from GP to Maguire's flash backs .... they just glow off the page!

props to both of them.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Maguire on the #0 issue has made that the best #0 I've read so far. His depiction of a younger PG is so well done--slimmer and younger, with less confidence in her posture. It's filled with all kinds of subtleties.

[ October 04, 2012, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
[QUOTE]

I always thought Battle for the Cow sounded more interesting, but could never figure out why a bunch of Bat-folk would be fighting over Old Bessie.

EDIT: weird, my thumb image stopped working and redirected. Another good joke ruined.
Anyway it showed the Tiny Titans "Battle for the Cow" image.

[ October 29, 2012, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Dave Hackett ]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, WORLDS FINEST 0 just rocked my socks, and Maguire is turning in the work of his career!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Caught up with issues 1 - 4 and 0.

Reads well overall. Liking the new incarnations of the characters so far. Really liking what I have seen of The Atom.

Gotta get 5 soon.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Caught up with WF 1-4 and 0.

Really liking this book. More than erven E2. The characters have a great relationship, and it can almost feel like the old DCU if you let it...even if just for a second.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Earth 2 is pretty good--part of my thinks the story should be moving a little faster and we should be closer to a team-book, but then I remember that this is called "Earth 2," not JSA.

Worlds' Finest is pretty fun as well, though I think Levitz really needs to step up on the plot of it. I mean, the characters themselves are fun, but the stories they've been in are kinda boring.

And since this is a Legion board, I have to ask you guys--is anyone else getting a Dream Girl vibe from the way Levitz is writing Power Girl, or is it just me?

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Earth 2 reminds me so much of SUPREME POWER, the Squadron Supreme reboot of a few years back. that started off a fave, but the pace seemed like it had come to a standstill and no one was EVER gonna team up.

Fortunately, EARTH 2's pace is nowhere near as slow as SP was.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.