Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Earth 2 (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Earth 2
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Apparently we find out if they're going to form a super-team next issue!

It seems like they've been hanging out in DC fighting Solomon Grundy like forever, though.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Apparently we find out if they're going to form a super-team next issue!

And the answer is Click Here For A Spoilerno!

I suspect that there's more to Alan's actions than what he actually says, however.

Best part of the issue: Grundy being trapped on the Moon! Nice old school nod there!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Holy gender reversal, Batman!

At least one traditionally male Earth-2 character is now female: Click Here For A SpoilerWe get a reference to reporter Lee Travis and her cameraman James Wing

And another character has kind of switched genders: Click Here For A SpoilerApparently, Red Tornado is a female android.

From the description, I expected this issue would focus heavily upon Hawkgirl, but, other than a brief scene in which she confronts Alan and reveals a little bit of information about herself, most of the storyline focuses on the tension between Terry Sloane and Commander Khan, with Wesley Dodds signing up on Khan's side. Pretty good stuff overall, and, after dragging a bit on the Grundy stuff, the story seems like it's moving forward nicely. A really strong issue overall!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
If that character has switched genders, then it's not the one you're thinking of.

Click Here For A SpoilerMa Hunkel was the first Red Tornado and she came form Earth-2. The new Red Tornado is apparently female. I was afraid of this exact thing.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, that's why I said kind of.

Click Here For A SpoilerThe character is still an android, and I presume will have the powers of the second Red Tornado, so it's still based heavily upon that one. But they've made it female, which I assume is meant to reference Ma Hunkel.

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oop. I just repeated what you said. My bad.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally figured out what the book reminds me of.

Tangent.

It was a fun line that reinterpreted the characters we all know and love. And while it was a lot of fun, eventually you want the characters you know and love back.

That's where I'm at now with this.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, I never really had much interest in the post-Crisis JSA, so it's at least twenty-five years since the versions of the characters I cared about were around. For now, I'm enjoying this "Elseworlds" quite a bit.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Well, that's why I said kind of.

Click Here For A SpoilerThe character is still an android, and I presume will have the powers of the second Red Tornado, so it's still based heavily upon that one. But they've made it female, which I assume is meant to reference Ma Hunkel.

Click Here For A Spoiler may be Maxine Hunkel ... Cyclone ... recent JSA member and granddaughter of Ma ... Apparently the previous version had nanobytes that gave her her powers ... [shrug]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, Robinson said in a recent interview that part of his strategy for reimagining the characters is to take bits from various versions of the characters. So, "Al Pratt" combines elements of the original Atom, but also Damage and Nuklon. So, I would assume they're doing something similar with the character in question and combining bits of several versions. However, Click Here For A Spoilerit looks a lot like Red Tornado II, only with curves and boobs.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Well, Robinson said in a recent interview So, "Al Pratt" combines elements of the original Atom, but also Damage and Nuklon. So, I would assume they're doing something similar with the character in question and combining bits of several versions.

That seems weird. Something for everyone characters!!! [Big Grin]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
I finally figured out what the book reminds me of.

Tangent.

It was a fun line that reinterpreted the characters we all know and love. And while it was a lot of fun, eventually you want the characters you know and love back.

That's where I'm at now with this.

I'm on the complete opposite end. I liked the old JSA, but I like that, perhaps the most out of all the other books, Earth 2 fulfills the NEW aspect of the New 52. I mean, we pretty much got SIXTY YEARS of the JSA as older men and women to some degree. The fact that we're seeing them as younger and more vital individuals with new origins, sometimes even new concepts in this completely different world is really exciting. [Big Grin]
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.