Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Earth 2 (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Earth 2
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
...I feel really bad for Nicola Scott at this point.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Robinson says in the interview released today that "this isn't the Justice Society".

That's all I needed to hear to completely eradicate ALL of my pre-launch excitement.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I am not opposed to Robinson designing a new parallel world. I just wish it was not being called Earth-2. I know Earth-2. This ain't it.

Amen to that, Kent.

And, like Sarky, I feel really bad for Nicola Scott. This should have been a time for celebration, with a female artist getting an A-List team book for the first time. Instead, it's all starting to look more like a trainwreck waiting to happen.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm pretty sure Nicola Scott understood the pitch going in and wasn't some kind of victim here, guys, so feeling bad for her seems a bit over the top, eh?

Now, though, we know why this book was called "Earth Two" and not "JSA". I'm still gonna give it a try. Robinson is always at his best when given some space to do his own thing. If I don't like what I see, I'll drop it like a hot potato like I do pretty much anything (other than LSH) that doesn't do much for me.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, I supposed I did overreact, but I think it is possible that the "meat" of the book may have changed during the voyage from Point A to Point B. Nicola might have thought it was going to be more like the old-school Earth 2 or even the old-school (Goyer/Johns era) JSA.

--------------------

the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm starting to get the same feeling in my gut that I got just before the last time I quit buying new comics for over ten years. In fact, it was seeing a Justice Society book on the racks a few years ago that got me interested in buying comics again. Maybe it's time to find something else to spend my money on.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
You should spend your money on Atomic Robo, which is better than anything DC is publishing. [Wink]

[ March 05, 2012, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I guess getting back to the 1960s context of Earth-2 having a 20-year head start over Earth-1, some of what he is doing makes sense - drawing from a little of old Earth-2 with some 1990ish 'grim and gritty, like Watchmen, but without the substance.'

Indeed, even in the late 70s/early 80s, until right before All-Star Squadron, there did seem to be a contradiction of the 20-year rule with WW2 - the Levitz origin was clearly WW2, yet other stories adered to the 20-year rule. In Detective 500, for instance, the lead story is set on the 20th anniversary of the Waynes' death and the 40th of the Earth-2 Waynes' death; Batman and Robin go to another Earth to save that world's Waynes. That story put the E-2 Waynes' too close to WW2 for Batman to have been in a wartime story.

So I guess, upon further reflection, I am just put out that I never got the chance to see Earth-2 done anything remotely close to how I would do it. I do hope Robinson's project does turn out to be just as exciting as I found Earth-2 to be in the late 70s and early 80s. Maybe someday I'll read the trades.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I miss the original Earth-2. Do you? If so, then let's talk about it right here.

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, this is a fustercluck, isn't it? Was anyone clamouring for post-apocalyptic Young JSA starring Widower Superman, Last Amazon Wonder Woman and Thomas Wayne?

[And a REALLY, REALLY ugly redesign for Jay Garrick]

They needed at least a 20 year span for E2's super-history. Yoking it to the same "Five Year Life" as the DCnU is... yeah...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
I miss the original Earth-2. Do you? If so, then let's talk about it right here.

I suspected that was you!! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's *glare*:
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:

I suspected that was you!! [Smile]
The one and only! [Big Grin]

It's as much for discussing our fave "official" JSA stories as it is about my "unofficial" JSA stories.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Every new announcement I see makes me more and more glad that I dropped DC Comics completely. They honestly seem to be determined to tell the kinds of stories and create the kind of universe that is the exact opposite from what I want in my super-hero comics. Not to mention the eye-sore of looking at all those ugly costume redesigns.

I honestly feel that completely ending my relationship with that company has been the best decision I've made in a long time, both for my wallet and my blood pressure.

I'm actually surprised that so many posters here haven't also dropped them, because, other than a few bright spots (e.g. Swamp Thing, Batwoman, Flash, etc.), I see so little about the DCnU that appeals.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that Jay Garrick redesign is ugly. Makes me even more worried about the Alan Scott redesign. (which is funny considering Alan's original costume is red, green and purple...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.