Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » STRANGERS with CANDY (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: STRANGERS with CANDY
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's STUPID! Fine then, let's say the film didn't do well in advance screenings-- these are probably nobodys pulled off the street who never heard of the show and don't "get" it. Why not at least release the movie direct-to-DVD? It was my belief the 3 SwC DVD seasons were solid sellers.

BAH! I thought the big-name guest stars was assurance we would avoid trouble like this. This isn't tits. This isn't tits at all.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
They really know how to crush the dreams of a forty-year-old junkie whore. [Frown]
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, Big Daddy & The Spook, this is awful news! I didn't think there was much of a chance for this movie make it to Memphis, but jeez, now it looks like it's headed straight to DVD!

We must take action.

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Hooray! Looks like we will finally see the Strangers with Candy movie this summer. And the trailer is now online!
Check it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I9wgY91VB8

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

For real real? KICK ASS!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

knowjack
Applicant

I can NOT wait!!!!
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Faboo!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
WooHoo!!!

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It's about time they got out of the kiddie pool and took a dip in the danger zone!

--------------------

Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Going to see this Thursday.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Your fellow Blank Boosters demand spoilers!

Jacks, is this playing at Overton Square or what?

--------------------

Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Ah, Jerri on the big screen. It was quite a treat...

Click Here For A SpoilerJerri goes home after being dropped off by the prison bus. After getting by her stepmother, she learns her daddy is in a coma. But he moves when Jerri hugs him, and the doctor urges them to recapture happier times--before Jerri ran away. Jerri goes back to school the next day, meeting Mr. Noblet, Principal Blackman, and Mr. Jellineck(?), and enters the science fair. Twists and betrayals ensue as the school's science fair teams are split between the popular & unpopular kids.

Not that the plot is especially important. Highlights for me were Sarah Jessica Parker's turn as the grief counselor, the scene with Coach Wolf, and the Science Fair dance numbers. But there were plenty others. My companion said it felt a bit more self-conscious than the TV show, but still appreciated it. Alas, no Orlando. He is replaced with Megawatti(?) and a new actor is playing Derek. If you want to know anything else about it, let me know.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Finally saw it today, and giggled all the way through.

My favorite single gag was probably when one toke off the "J" sent Jerri into a destructive rampage at the party. That was hilAAAARious.

The point is, you're a racist.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So as of 2 hours ago, I now own the SwC movie.

The circle is complete.

I think I'l get offline and watch it. GOOD TIMES!

--------------------

Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Maybe that's what my christmas present is.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.