Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Worst Song Ever (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Worst Song Ever
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
"Having My Baby" by Paul Anka

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Anthing involving young white guys trying to sound, look, act, or pretend to be hip young urban black guys. Anything involving young white girls trying to sound, look, act, or pretend to be hip young urban black girls.

Metallica. Buncha whining Pu$$y's.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
My all time worst song is by The Beatles. I love most of their songs, but when it comes to Revolution No. 9 ... ugh!

Fish-heads is a close second.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
"Yellow Submarine"?
"Billy Don't Be A Hero"?

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"You Got What I Need," Biz Markie

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
(I *love* that Biz Markie song.)

SHORT PEOPLE by Randy Newman.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
(I *love* that Biz Markie song.)

Dude can't sing.

quote:
[B]SHORT PEOPLE by Randy Newman.[/QB]
This would fall into my "so bad it's good" category.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

He sounds terrible... that's kinda what made the song so good. And the actual title is JUST A FRIEND-- I have it on 45! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Youuuuu
You got what I neeeeeeeed

But you say he's just a friend
You say he's just a friend

OH BABYYYYYYY YOUUUUUUUUUUU
You got what I neeeeeeeeed
But you say he's just a friend
You say he's just a friend

OH BABYYYYYYYYYY

I mean, really. The anguish in his voice was almost tangible! A classic!

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Anguish? Or nodes? [Wink]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*tee hee!*

--------------------

googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Revolution 9 isn't really a song. It's more like a collection of sounds.

Number nine

Number nine

Number nine

Number nine

Number nine

Number nine

My pick for worst song would be

You Light Up My Life by Debbie Gibson

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
All of you under 35 or so are fortunate to not remember living through 1974, probably the worst year in the history of popular music. In addition to the Anka opus Fat Cramer started us off with above, we endured:

"Kung Fu Fighting," Carl Douglas
"The Night Chicago Died," Paper Lace
"Billy, Don't Be a Hero," Bo Donaldson
"Angie Baby," Helen Reddy
"Cat's in the Cradle," Harry Chapin
"Hooked on a Feeling," Blue Suede's "ooogah chakah" cover
"I Honestly Love You," Olivia Newton-John

and one of the top pieces of rancid musical cheese of all time, the number one of all number one songs of benighted 1974, ladies and gentlemen, I give you (and you can keep it):

"Seasons in the Sun," Terry Jacks

I can't recall any larger or deeper dry hole. Almost nothing was listenable that year. (Except Nixon's resignation speech.) Lightfoot's "Sundown" and Cher's "Dark Lady" were about it, and then only slightly.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Party Killers!

OK, I like one or two of them.

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
No, here is the worst song ever...

"MacArthur Park" by Richard Harris

Does anyone really think they have heard a song worse than this?

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.