Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » zombie flix: DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: zombie flix: DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
EDIT: Thread title changed to include all zombie and related movies.

'Flight of the Living Dead'

I admit, the recent comic book advertisements for it hooked me.

I staked out Blockbuster until it was available.

It definitely falls in the "so bad it's good" category.

Nothing like a stewardess repeatedly telling panicked zombie-attacked passengers to "take your seats"! Heh heh!

I've been in full-blown zombie mode lately. Also rented PLANET TERROR (haven't watched yet), am up to the 5th tpb of THE WALKING DEAD (it's SO addicitive!!), and got MARVEL ZOMBIES 2 # 1.

[ May 30, 2012, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH's back ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Per the instructions of THE WALKING DEAD's writer, I bought Romero's DAY OF THE DEAD on DVD a couple weeks ago. It was okay, once I got past the whole claustrophobic feel of it. I was really wanting to wait and see the re-make, which I had heard was in the works.

So yesterday I went to Blockbuster and found out not only is the DAY OF THE DEAD remake *already* out (and apparently follows Romero's original plan for the film) but there is ANOTHER in the series-- DIARY OF THE DEAD. I rented "Diary of..." and will watch it tonight. Anyone seen the "DAY OF..." remake?

I *really* like the Dawn of the Dead remake, hopefully these are that good.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd heard of the remake plans for Day but didn't know it was out. I wonder if its on iTunes. Diary I knew was out but it never hit a theater here. Guess its time to update my zombie video collection.

Both Night and Dawn remakes were ok, Dawn definitely much better. But I still love the originals.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite is still Shawn of the Dead. Never really got into the zombie movies, though. Saw planet terror and it was pretty good. My wife likes the resident evil movies.

I don't really like the horror movies because i tend to ruin them for other people, lol. I laughed my ass off at nightmare on elm street instead of being terrified. People in the audience don't tend to like that.

And five minutes into the zombie movies, or the "'orror noir" like scream, i just want everyone dead. Something original and unique, kill them all off in the first twenty minutes and have the rest of the movie run like the Andy Griffith show. Horror on top of horror, lol.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I'd heard of the remake plans for Day but didn't know it was out. I wonder if its on iTunes. Diary I knew was out but it never hit a theater here. Guess its time to update my zombie video collection.

Both Night and Dawn remakes were ok, Dawn definitely much better. But I still love the originals.

Scott, have you seen Zombi: Dawn of the Dead, the recut of the original Dawn of the Dead for the European market? It moves like a bullet train and has a kick-ass score by Goblin. Not to be confused with Lucio Fulci's unrelated but equally brilliant Zombi 2, or Zombie to us Americans.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't seen the recut. Ok, add that to my growing list of zombie disks to find. Thanks! As for Zombi 2, all I can say is shark vs. zombie.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
My favorite is still Shawn of the Dead. Never really got into the zombie movies, though. Saw planet terror and it was pretty good. My wife likes the resident evil movies.

Easily my favourite zombie movie. Followed by Resident Evil - it had zombie dogs! I did catch Diary of the Dead, and for a brief moment I was sure I would get a zombie chicken, alas...

Zombi 2 holds promise, but beyond that, I get my fill from The Walking Dead.

Now penguins...

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I watched "Diary of..." last night and it was good, a bit different than the rest of Romero's zombie offerings.

--------------------

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
i watched Diary of the Dead and i really enjoyed, better then land of the dead. I also downloaded the remake of day of the dead and that was awful.
i also downloaded a movie that looked like it was going to be a killer zombie movie but was not, DAY X

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

QUARANTINE...

I haven't gone to the theatre for a scary movie in years but I'm planning to go Sunday to see this.

Looks like, based on the commercial, that the zombie/disease outbreak happens within a highrise and then is contained there by the Center for Disease Control. If you try to get out of the highrise, you are shot or whatever.

There goes my rationale for living in a highrise in case a zombie outbreak occures!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Love the actress from Dexter. Movie looks very scary and claustrophobic, so I definitely want to take Lady Cobalt out to see it (she looks like horror, including b-grade horror, as well).

I'll have to wait until its been out a few weeks though so those damn loud and horny teenagers aren't in the theater with me [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

There were definitely a few scary and make-you-jump moments. The clautrophobia was definitely there.

I do have 2 complaints... it takes just a smidge too long to get moving. They could maybe have made the opening scenes about 5 minutes or more shorter and gotten to the action sooner. People were starting to lose interest by the time the action started. The DAWN remake would have been a good example to follow here.

Also, it's filmed in that whole "Blair Witch" style, by an actual cameraman in the movie. While in some places, this is highly effective, in some it's highly annoying.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I find Woody Harrelson to be a hoot in general. Match him with zombies and you have me at the afternoon opening of ZOMBIELAND on Oct. 2!!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Zombieland looks good. Seens to have the right touches of horror and humor.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm gonna watch the preview tomorrow afternoon, I'm looking forward to it!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.