Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » zombie flix: DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: zombie flix: DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
i have jumped ahead, i havent watched Dead Set yet but i do have it to watch, you have convinced me to watch it this week.
LONG LIVE THE DEAD

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
I have watched a few of the movies mentioned above that I hadn't seen yet...
Deadgirl: Totally freaked me out. I think this one may require I get some really expensive therapy.
Autumn: Not bad. Not spectacular, but not bad.
Zombies Anonymous: The darkly-funniest thing I have seen since 'Gay Zombie' and strangely enough the same basic premous ... they could have even taken place in the same fictional universe (hmmm... wonder which one came out first? Now I'll have to look it up).
Zombie Diaries: What a waste of time. I mean, nutball serial killers? Really?

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Gay Zombie? I'll have to look for that one.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054488/

And that answers it. ZA was first, GZ came out a year later.

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
Zombie Diaries: What a waste of time. I mean, nutball serial killers? Really?

Yeah, that one really sucked ASS, and I said as much somewhere earlier in the thread. Avoid Zombie Diaries at all costs people!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

TRUE... As I said earlier in this thread, I couldn't even finish it. Avoid ZOMBIE DIARIES at all costs.

DIARY OF THE DEAD, however, is worth a watch. It's a Romero, and was much better than Survival of the Dead. SotD is on Netflix now... I might give it another try to see if I like it any better... but zombies riding horses... I'm just not sure I can get past that...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054488/

And that answers it. ZA was first, GZ came out a year later.

CRAP. This is not available through Netflix and it looks so amusing!!

--------------------

gone
gone

Although I don't normally recommend it, there are *cough* other *cough* avenues through which you can see it.

--------------------
gone

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched Resident Evil" Afterlife.

Not bad, bot great. Fun way to spend 90 minutesthough.

Milla is so freakin hot though...wow.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
gonna disagree with you a bit on that one, Dev. She's pretty, but I don't really get that "hot" vibe off her. She's right there with Gweneth Paltrow to me, pretty, but bland... doesn't throw off any sparks for me.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Really? Because even I think she is hot... and I don't do girls.

--------------------
gone

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I watched ZOMBIE STRIPPERS tonight... and you can pretty much judge the quality from the title. I wasn't expecting much and therefore was able to enjoy it. There's some pretty good grossout scenes and LOTS of hooters for the straight boys and lesbians.

One thing I did find interesting is that as the nights passed and the zombie strippers were looking more and more like extras from the EVIL DEAD, the patrons were more into them than ever. Robert Englund's character called it a fad, I could almost see it happening.

Still, I would NOT recommend this for the zombie film elitists... but I thought it was okay, despite the low budget and goofiness.

After that though, I wanted some better-quality zombie stuff so I'm rewatching DEAD SET.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Finished DEAD SET early this morning... what a wonderful movie. Like every good zombie movie it makes some harsh statements on our society, and it pulls NO punches.

A must-see for the zombie film newbie and zombie film snob alike!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
gonna disagree with you a bit on that one, Dev. She's pretty, but I don't really get that "hot" vibe off her. She's right there with Gweneth Paltrow to me, pretty, but bland... doesn't throw off any sparks for me.

That's why women are so great. Different tastes for all the men out there. There is just something about her for me...wow.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I think she's hot too if that means anything [Smile]

I have caught up on all the RESIDENT EVIL movies and generally find them to be very enjoyable. That latest one with the zombie birds...?

What a bleak, bleak earth that is.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.