Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » zombie flix: DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: zombie flix: DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
all star cast?
in the original?
i know the remake had Ving Rhames, the dude from ER i think(not the wyle or clooney) and sarah polley

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
ha! i guess i saw the remake. oops.

it also had mr. mariah carey.

and mena suvari.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the remake too, Peebs!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

THE LABRADORIAN

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
ha! i guess i saw the remake. oops.

it also had mr. mariah carey.

and mena suvari.

i believe that would be
Day of the dead- contagion or something
had Ving Rhames and the chick from american beauty mena suvari.
i did not enjoy that movie, and is in no way associated with Romero.
DAWN was the remake where the zombies ran and our heroes were held up in a mall, remake of the original DAWN with the same premise but slow moving zombies.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
ah. i saw that one too. the mall one. prefered 'day'. except those were zombie ninjas with super speed and those kids never stood a chance.

uh thanks labradorian, i'm often silly like that.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN

actually i messed up, i got all the movies right, i just misread your original post where you stated you watched
Day of the dead, i read it as dawn, so we have been carrying on this thread for my silliness.
I believe any movie that sucks just needs zombies in it.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I know, where have I been right? But I just saw RESIDENT EVIL for the first time on HBO.

I thought it was pretty cool.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I love all the Resident Evil movies and am looking forward to the next one. I am not a Resident Evil game player, so I do not have any issue with deviations from the storyline of the games...besides it's a different medium and who constantly wants to see the same exact thing in different mediums. Some things work in print, comics, movies or games...but not in all three.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just watched SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD On Demand...

There was same really bad acting and a Hatfields/McCoys scenario that was borderline ridiculous, but there also were some interesting ideas presented.

grade: D+/C-

Don't fret if you miss this one.

--------------------

THE LABRADORIAN

i figured it would suck, but i've seen all of Romero's zombie movies and i gotta see this one.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OK this came from Netflix today:

AUTUMN

Paraphrased synopsis:

Plague devestates the world... group of survivors soon realize dead are reanimating... Survivors find their wits and limits tested as they try to reconstruct a civilization worth fighting for while eluding the predators who are getting more intelligent every day.

Popping it in now.

review later.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

AUTUMN: this was low budget and I grade on a curve for that.

While I really really like the premise of seeing the zombies become more intelligent as the movie goes along, where the filmaker fails is in the inconsistency of the threat.

Even grading on the low budget curve, and with the interesting premise, those awful inconsistencies drop the grade to a D-/D.

If a little bit more thought had been put into how the zombies should be portrayed as they evolved and how dangerous they should be at any given moment, I think this would have pulled in a C+/B- on the low budget curve.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DEAD SET

I enjoyed this when it was broadcast recently on IFC, though it contained an almost unbeleivably stupid move at the end...

SPOILER FOLLOWS HERE!!!!

Dude: Opening a gate by hand that has a thousand high-speed zombies clawing at it? Did you REALLY think you would make it back into your van several feet away? STUPID!

--------------------

gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw that last year dirrectly from the UK. You have to look at the guy who did it. Yes, it was unbeleivably stupid, but that is how he was played through the whole show so not that surprising. The girl in the confession booth is what got me.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I felt like she had just given up at that point. She couldn't beat 'em so she joined 'em, maybe?

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.