Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So, what are you listening to? (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: So, what are you listening to?
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by profh0011:
[QB]Rick Wakeman:

/QB]

He hasn;t crossed my mind in years. What a jolt!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Rick Wakeman's current project...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Wakeman went thru what I'd consider a rough period in the early 80's. Then from about 1986-93, he seemed to get more inspired than ever. Not only was he doing some of his best albums ever, but he was also knocking about about 4 albums PER YEAR.

But about 1994 the inspiration seemed to fade... and sadly, the number of albums didn't. So he was continuing to knock out dozens of albums which just weren't grabbing me, and a lot of these were hard to track down or expensive, or both.

then I read how due to mind-numbingly bad business management, he was somehow-- incredibly-- NOT getting any royalties at all for ANYTHING he wrote before 1996... (It's no wonder he kept knocking out so much new stuff.)

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Dave Matthews' 2010 concert in Atlanta...right now.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"Electro-cute" by Babamars.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Rev Theory:

Hell Yeah and Light it up.

Hey, sometimes this old dude likes to listen to the hard stuff, lol.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Uhh, *cough* "Firework" by Katy Perry *cough* ...

But then I rock out super-hard with slipknot right after!

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Down 'n Outz, "My Regeneration."

This is a side project of Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliot, a highly knowledgable fan of the obscure (to Americans) British rock of his 70s adolescence. Here he sings on a collection of covers of the various offshoots of his all-time favorite band, Mott the Hoople. Kudos to Elliot, especially for unearthing the title track of Ian Hunter's "Overnight Angels." That album was considered a disaster at the time, and even most Hunter fans (as well as Hunter himself) haven't a kind word to say about it; I've never heard the album (it was never officially released in the States), but this song, at least as interpreted by Elliot & company, is awesome.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Have to admit it, Glee. Every song they've done on the show is on rotation on my iPhone's iPod.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
My entire BILLY PRESTON collection. A lot of what I have is out-of-print or very expensive, and I transferred everything I had to CDs last year.

PRESSIN' ON (1982) has the distinction of being my favorite disco album!

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Some old religious stuff of Amy Grant's... seeing her in concert tonight in NYC...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Hey, my overpriced CD from Italy arrived today. In perfect shape-- a miracle,
the guy wrapped it in a thin plastic store bag with some tape, and only put some bubble-wrap on one side. Amazing the jewel case wasn't cracked. Cheapest mail-order packaging I've ever seen anybody do.

The Brotherhood Of Man was a "studio group" put together by a producer, and presumably its members were all unknown and anonymous to the public back in 1969-71 when this stuff was done. Someone online made the sarcastic (and somewhat funny) comment that "Nobody between the ages of 12 and 30 would be taken in by this". At the time, I was 13, my Dad was 53. HE bought the 45, not me!

I'm guessing at one of his weekend playing jobs, someone asked him about the
song, "California Sunday Morning", the next day he went out and bought the record, played it, learned it, and the next weekend, was able to play it on the job. He did that sometimes! It's just funny, considering he was so "out of it"
when it came to "popular" music, and as it turns out, this song was never on an
album, and the single NEVER charted in any country! Wow. Great song, though.
You'd never know it was by a group from England.

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
This.

(Just a little shout-out to all those fans of a certian comic strip. Also, eff the haters on YouTube's comments. It's a splendid cover version. Somebody save me from old fogies, especially the ones half my freakin' age.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Uhh, *cough* "Firework" by Katy Perry *cough* ...

But then I rock out super-hard with slipknot right after!

It's okay, Drake. I think they make a patch for that.

[Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
When I feel melancholy, nothing soothes me like the Latin ballads of my childhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhU4HKxkg2k

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.