Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Young Justice... The Animated Series!!! (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Young Justice... The Animated Series!!!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Even as a Tempest/Garth fan, I find myself liking Kaldur, so it's nice to see him still 'in the game' for good or for bad.

Black Manta is turning out to be all sorts of fascinating as a bad guy, here, which is also very cool, since he's not nearly as strongly used in the comics.

With Miss Martian being easily the toughest (and most versatile) member of the team, I love the dynamic, as well.

Her telekinesis has become freaky strong, with her stunt at the end of this last episode with the missile, and her telepathy remains indispensible.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Gah. I still miss it for various reasons, and can't find the new eps on the web.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I just caught 2 episodes on demand. The intro of Impulse and another one were a rocket bound for Mars gets taken out by Black Manta.

I have not been catching this series for a variety of reasons...but I need to start watching this on a regular basis. Totally impressed by what I waw today.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It's an awesome show (miles and away the best thing DC is putting out, these days). You can generally see the new eps on Youtube, if you don't have Xfinity or whatever.

A poster on YouTube named DC Nation Videos tends to post them up in five post bits, with the only funky bit being that they are reverse imaged, so that the writing on stuff in the background or whatever is all backwards.

At the moment, all of the season 2 videos are still up at the link I posted. There were 26 season 1 episodes, I think, and they are a bit harder to locate.

I've had some luck watching the first season eps at Animeflavor, but that might not work for everyone.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I was really impressed with the level of thought that is going into the writing. It seems very mature for a super-hero cartoon.

With the plot of the last episode I saw, with someones return and Black Manta attacking...it was really intense.

There are deep themes between Kon and Megan. A lot of stuff that would go over most kids heads.

I am going to try to track these down...on DVD hopefully.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I've got to say that I didn't care much for the first few episodes, but the occasional more recent episode I've seen has looked pretty good. I'll have to track it down as well eventually.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
The only three reasons I watch Young Justice are because Rocket's my favorite Milestone character and I'm overjoyed to see her in a cartoon, and that someone actually decided to use Lian, but I mostly watch it because I worry over what they do with Roy's character.

I can't say I'm fond of some of the romance in this show because it feels more melodramatic then it should and I considered that to be trite and boring. I really have no interest in what's going on with Kon and Megan.

I do admit that I actually like the versions of Beast Boy and Cass Sandsmark in this show much better than their comic versions.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I demand my very own Roy Harper clone!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
The first season is available on DVD in two volumes. This show is essentially my regular superhero fix. My kids enjoy watching it with me so I'd love it for that if nothing else. Even my wife tries valiantly to keep up with who's who when they're out of uniform. "I thought the Flash was the blonde one?" "Yes, but not with a goatee."

When this show fires on all cylinders no other superhero cartoon or movie can touch it, for my money. I enjoy it more than I did the DCAU Justice League show, and it was really good.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Another great episode this morning... Young Justice is definitely not your typical superhero cartoon... conversation between Nightwing and Kid Flash had me wondering whether Wally could actually be right about Aqualad... wouldn't surprise me at all...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Just saw the Speedy episode. This is not your average kids cartoon...and that's a very good thing.
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Last week's episode was pretty surprising, with a lot of twists and turns, but I'm glad they still have time for the small character bits. Poor Mal! His day went from bad to worse.

And I always enjoy it whenever Icicle, Jr. makes the scene. He's just so bad at his profession without even realizing it.

Cartoon Network should be paying these people a boatload of money to create a few more Earth-16 shows.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Went to watch today's episode on the DVR only to find some show about dragons... from what I could find out, looks like Cartoon Network won't be airing new episodes again until January '13...

Lame...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Figures...right when I start wanting to watch it...
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
But what about the new episodes of YJ and Green Lantern that were scheduled for this weekend? They're still on my digital guide for today's rebroadcast at 10am.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.