Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Young Justice... The Animated Series!!! (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Young Justice... The Animated Series!!!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
But what about the new episodes of YJ and Green Lantern that were scheduled for this weekend? They're still on my digital guide for today's rebroadcast at 10am.

Cartoon Network apparently decided 12 hours before broadcast to put it back on haitus until next year, and they don't seem to have bothered updating the schedules.

The Green Lantern show is not terrible, but not really anything I'm gonna miss, either. But Young Justice (and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon) are the best things DC and Marvel are putting out these days (apart from the occasional movie).

Here's the twitter announcement. I love the first response it got (crude as it is).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm SO glad I asked here, that twitter feed was golden. Thanks Set!
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
That was not cool CN, at all. I don't understand the thinkg there.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Nobody does.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wild internet rumor (which could be completely pulled from someone's butt) suggests that DC may have lost / be losing rights to the Milestone characters, and that the upcoming episode(s) may have included scenes by Icon, Static and / or Rocket that needed to be purged, in the event that happens.

If that has a germ of truth to it, they might have chosen to put off the entire DC Nation block, even if the Green Lantern show wouldn't have been otherwise affected by the Milestone thing.

[ October 15, 2012, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

matlock
Advisory

I just can't put much stock in that idea though. It stands to reason that if you had the rights to use a character at the time you produced a show you'd retain the rights to broadcast that material. They might not be able to create new episodes but the ones that were completed would be usable. I haven't seen an production update lately but if I remember right the last episodes of the season are already in the pipeline. At the least if some other party were getting the rights to the Milestone line it would be pretty dumb to cause it to get less exposure, rather than more.

Personally, I just think CN doesn't know what to do with anything that's action oriented outside of Ben 10 (which they seem weirdly commited to.) They rebooted Masters of the Universe and dropped it, dropped Secret Saturdays, let their Thundercats reboot slide off the air, and so on. DisneyXD seems to keep plenty of Marvel stuff on air and in the pipeline and still runs the 90's Marvel cartoons late at night.

More personally, CN is wasting the chance to get my kids interested in the DC characters. I wouldn't dream of letting them read the actual comics these days (except for the YJ tie-in maybe.) So dumb.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

But it is a cool rumor though! Where do you read such things?
Set

Young Justice ep that wasn't aired can be seen here.

(Along with all the other episodes.)

matlock
Advisory

Tempt me not, Set! My daughter wrote up a formal document spelling out that none of us are to watch a new YJ in advance of the rest of us (my wife not included.) It is known as the Fancy Law.

By the by, I think there were quite a few episodes in the first season that aired outside the U.S. well before they aired here. I had to avoid the spoilers.

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

List of current theories on why DC Nation was pulled at the last minute
matlock
Advisory

The last one's the only one I really buy. DC/CN/Time Warner are seemingly unable to act in accord about a single thing.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to say it was Joey Q. making a prank call as Dan Didio telling CN to hold off with new episodes till January because Young Justice is the best cartoon on television (that isn't Phineas and Ferb) and he wanted his shows to have a chance.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Well, just to cap how stupid this hiatus is:

Happy Meal Young Justice toys are starting up again (those little finger skateboard things.) Build that momentum guys!

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
This show is so nifty! I found that, much like the Legion cartoon, I enjoyed it so much more in the second season once there was a bit more of a mythos and world built up around the title characters.

Even the first season, in retrospect, was great and for a moment I couldn't remember how I fell off the wagon so early. Then they pulled the "latest" episode last minute and I recalled all the random months long hiatuses. Oh, right! That's how they lost me... Still, I intend to return with the show in January. It's charming!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Don't forget you can see the YJ and the GL eps that were yanked at the link Set posted above Seeing them during the hiatus should help break it up.
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.