Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Young Justice... The Animated Series!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Young Justice... The Animated Series!!!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and since this is an alternate earth, not earth one or the combined earth, they get to play around and have a free run, which works.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I DVRed it and will watch sometime today.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw the pilot this weekend, and it was a blast!!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Watched the premiere, thought while it was stunningly animated some of the voices could use a little work. Thought the plot was a little thin too but I think there's a lot of potential. Was really disappointed how Megan was just tacked on the end there, in fact I didn't even recall that she had even made an appearance as I kind of zoned out by it's conclusion.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I finally watched this, this morning!

I thought Speedy getting all pissed off and leaving like that was tres' lame. I mean, who does that? Whatevs, dude.

I really enjoyed Robin and Kid Flash, but found Aqualad about as exciting as plain oatmeal.

Miss Martian looked super-adorable in her brief appearance.

I enjoyed the Cadmus action.

I'll give it a B- It was a lot of set-up and that's fine for a first episode, the team was established and the action moved along; I think if they had left out Speedy alltogether it would have ranked a B+ for me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Well it seems they are setting up future stories with the Speedy incident. I'm curious about where it's going.

I liked the interaction between the characters, but was disappointed that Aqualad was a little blah.

I liked Guardian and Dubbilex being a part of the Cadmus action. Miss Martian was adorable as always.

Overall, it was entertaining, and it's kinda cool that this is actually set in the DC Universe (Earth-16).

Two Thumbs up!

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
argh missed it twice already!!! grrr....grrr....
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Its on youtube if you look for it. Eps 1 and 2.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry guys, but I've been lacking any interest in this series since they announced it.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm curious why that is, Sarc. In this 'tooniverse' version we can be about 100% sure there will be no ridionkulous needless Titans (or 'Young Justice' if you will) deaths and that they will be treated with more respect than in the comics.

I figured that would interest you.

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Because when they announced that the Aqualad in the show would be appearing in the comics, and the show hadn't even aired yet, it just felt like the only reason they bothered to introduce Jackson Hyde was just to hype the show. I don't prefer promotions like that.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
From an interview (though I don't remember where I read it) Geoff Johns really liked the idea of the new Aqualad, so decided to bring him in to use in Brightest Day.

So.. I'm okay with that.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I quite liked the YOUNG JUSTICE premiere- though I hate that it's such a long wait till the next episode. Will casual TV viewers even remember they saw the premiere by then?

I like the new Aqualad pretty well (though an African-American aquatic hero who doesn't like swimming just boggles my mind...), but think killing Tempest to get him is just deplorable. That's in the comics only, as I think I've read that Garth's actually going to be a character in the cartoon.

The Speedy stuff actually seemed in character enough to me-- I'm more puzzled about why Donna Troy always gets bypassed in 'toon versions of the Teen Titans. Are there rights tied up in the old WW Lynda Carter TV show or something? I don't really get it.

For a few minutes there, I thought a Superboy/Aqualad love story was in the offing...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
On the pass on Donna Troy and Wonder Girl in general: Producer Greg Weisman said in interviews that the rights to Wonder Girl and other Wonder characters were tied up when they started working on the show. Back in September though Weisman posted that the legal stuff had been all cleared up so 'Wonder Girl' (they never said if it would be Cassie or Donna) would be free to appear in the future.

So that's good news! I'm just not sure which Wonder Girl I'd prefer to see. Donna for BFFery with Dick and Wally or Cassie for Conner? I'm a sucker for the original Titans more, but I also recognize the show is called "Young Justice" and some more characters from that title would be good for it.

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

For a few minutes there, I thought a Superboy/Aqualad love story was in the offing...

They did have a moment there, didn't they.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.