Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Young Justice... The Animated Series!!! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Young Justice... The Animated Series!!!
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hit or miss for me... annoying that the guys were all kind of d*cks to Miss Martian, especially Superboy... plus they made Wally really one-note with his constant hitting on her and "Dude!" to Robin every time he c-blocked her...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Crymsun, if you have time warner cable, check out kids on demand.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I got to see it. I had it DVR'd. It was amusing, but Wally got on my nerves.. I don't understand why they all became jerks to M'gann when she screwed up..? Must be a teenage thing..

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
They're still kids, group herd mentality!

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a clip for the upcoming Young Justice episode on Comic Vine..

http://www.comicvine.com/news/young-justice-ep-4-drop-zone-clips-images/142758/

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting set of clips, I like the team's "Stealth" uniforms.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
So when do we see Artemis?

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well on the Cartoon Network site, they list the Feb 4th episode as "Schooled" and the Feb 11th episode is titled "Infiltrator".

Also the site doesn't show Artemis or give info about her, but she is still seen in the trailer and in the promo shots of the group.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I was kinda annoyed by the constant frontal attacks on Mr. Twister... HELLO KIDS, it has been shown 12 times already that this doesn't work!

Megan's sneak attack was well-handled (if overdue).

[conservative hat] Not sure how comfortable I am with Superboy and Miss Martian living in the HQ together considering this is angled at young'uns. [/conservative hat]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Well on the Cartoon Network site, they list the Feb 4th episode as "Schooled" and the Feb 11th episode is titled "Infiltrator".

Also the site doesn't show Artemis or give info about her, but she is still seen in the trailer and in the promo shots of the group.

Artemis is also on the cover of the comic, which I saw today on Facebook.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

She hasn't made it yet, according to last nights show. The show is pretty good. I know it was annoying with the full frontal attacks on Twister and he ones from last night... but remember, they're still just kids. Maturity comes with age and experience. Thats part of the journey of the show.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Watched Young Justice Episode 3 on Cartoon Network today.

Kind of a Marvel-y feel. Everybody's personal problems kind of getting in the way of the team.

Miss Martian is clearly the most powerful member of the team, even though they have tried to dial her powers back some.

Superboy bears a remarkable resemblance to the Hulk, at least powers/personality-wise.

Actually liked it OK. My son is visiting with his 10-year-old daughter, he liked it pretty well, too. She stayed upstairs with her Nintendo DSi playing Monster Rancher.

Saturday Morning Cartoons for Old Men.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

I liked the fourth episode... Wally is still really one-note ("Dude!"), but it was good to see some growth with Robin and Aqualad... I'm hoping Superboy starts to develop a personality...

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been catching it on youtube, since it's a pain to find it on other sites. Pretty cool so far.

The graphics (and the personalities) are taking less to get used to than the Teen Titans cartoon, although I'm still a bit put off by Robin's habit of laughing as he runs around in the shadows.

I found it interesting that Wally could readily identify the molecular structure of Venom and the Blockbuster formula, while Robin was still going 'what's this?' I remember Barry being a chemist / scientist sort, back in the day, but Wally never struck me as being into that. If so, that would be an interesting character development.

Miss Martians "Hello Megan!" exclamation really, really gets on my nerves.

Everyone was much nicer to her this ep, compared to ep 3, which is good. They were a bit over the top in the Twister ep, IMO.

And Superboy is indeed coming across as a bit of a chode. I get that they don't want to mix things up and this isn't the comic book Conner, but him already being the big bulky dude, and skipping right past skinny Cadmus-era Conner is a bit jarring to me. Still, I got used to goth Raven channeling darkforce, and even came to prefer her to the comic-book raven with her quiffily-defined 'empathy / teleportion / occasionally can fly and create illusions and mind control people / soul self that does random magical things / can heal, but only wounds that weren't important to the plot anyway' powers.

I'll probably get used to 'Conner Smash!' as well.

[ January 30, 2011, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Miss Martians "Hello Megan!" exclamation really, really gets on my nerves.

Hey, that is one of her major super-abilities: Super-Epiphany! Almost as good as super-intelligence.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.