Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Young Justice... The Animated Series!!! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Young Justice... The Animated Series!!!
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Tanner:
Actually liked it OK. My son is visiting with his 10-year-old daughter, he liked it pretty well, too. She stayed upstairs with her Nintendo DSi playing Monster Rancher.

I think someday TV is going to die out. But wow, Monster Ranchers brings back really old memories. That show lasted, maybe four episodes? But it was really cool and the bad guy was the heroine's father, creating alot of juicy tension.

I think the personalities they give the characters, while annoying to adults, probably accurately fit the way kids see themselves and others. When I watched Digimon or X-Men Evolution you could relate to the kids because they fit a role you saw in real life- jock, prep, nerd, class clown, etc.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I am, sadly, more lame with DC knowledge so these shows tend to be shiny and new to me...so I love them. And seeing as I am obsessed with animation, I love the production value they are putting into this show.

As for Monster Rancher, I watched that, it was originally 73 episodes, some got cut, but it all ran in syndication for the most part.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Never heard of monster rancher before. Got any links to the shows online?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
The little getting to know the team vignettes were my favorite of "Downtime" especially Megan & Kon's baking fiasco and Bruce & Dick playing basketball.

Remember a new episode is tonight!

Also I heard through the grapevine that the McD toy promo has started. Annoyingly the nearest one to me went out of business at the end of last year so I don't know if I'll be able to complete a set. I really want that Kon. The Clark and Wally look especially nice too.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Spoiler...

main villain was one that should have been much larger in the DCU... Psimon, ole' glassdome himself.

Good story. Bats ain't sendin' them on baby missions, thats for sure.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
It was one of the best episodes so far but the timeline issue bugged me. Even if the team was on "radio silence" due to Batman's orders I find it odd that he and/or rest of the Justice League didn't look for them especially when he sent them to Supervillain Central.

Psimon was used well although the whole "Psimon Says" thing seriously made me roll my eyes.

As usual Megan's still my favorite character and I was happy she got to be so useful.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Well, the best villains always have a bit of swagger about them.

--------------------

Something pithy!

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
loved it....and I noticed that they are using Titans villains (except Black Manta) and characters (Garth, Aquagirl) a lot so it still made me feel like that it is the HIVE who s behind all the scenes. hmmm I hope I am wrong...maybe it s 1000 council?

something new about Artemis...is she an assassin? hmmm.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
matlock lad and I both enjoyed this one. I'm enjoying the way they're teasing out Artemis' background, and her and Kid Flash's chemistry. I believe my boy enjoyed Superboy's Hulk Smash! routine most so they covered all the bases. Even my wife was watching it closely enough to be a little creeped out by Psimon.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking that the "Light" is possibly the Secret Society.

Artemis is cool. I'm really starting to warm up to her character.

Wally's still a bit annoying, but he's supposed to be that way, so I'm good with it.

Superboy and Miss Martian.. I really hope their relationship goes nowhere.. I want Cassie to show up on the show.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Wonder if Artemis will be the Tara character, only she will reform.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crymsun Kid:
I was thinking that the "Light" is possibly the Secret Society.

I've been getting a "Legion of Doom" vibe from them from the beginning.

I thought this episode was okay, but not anything special. The whole "psychic battle" thing kind of annoyed me. The idea that the relatively inexperienced Miss Martian could defeat the presumably much more experienced guy who specializes in mental stuff just because she's got Superboy to hold her hand seemed pretty goofy to me.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a guessing game going on as to whom these 'Light' characters are. One of the speakers seems pretty clearly to be Luthor (smooth headed), while another has a head that goes up into three points (speculated to be Ocean Master). The female speaker from this episode could be Queen Bee, since she was name-dropped during the episode.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Secret Society of Super Villains would be cool. I liked that 70's book, even though I could only find a few issues back then.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
We finally caught an episode of this, the Psimon one. Pretty good...I think Megan has become my daughters favorite instantly.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.