Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Young Justice... The Animated Series!!! (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Young Justice... The Animated Series!!!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
[Smile]

Hopefully, now that they have realigned it wont just be for show and they will start to tap the depth of field that they have. they better. DisMar (Disney/Marvel) is, and they aren't gonna stop anytime soon.
If TimWaDC wants to compete, they better step it up or they will become the also rans, not just in comics.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
If you guys are interested, we are doing a few podcasts over at www.completelycomics.com specifically on the Young Justice cartoon.

If you have time, please listen and let me know what you think. Feedback is encouraged.

http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/completely-young-justice/

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Friday, June 3rd, 2011 at 7:00pm (ET) - Episode 10: "Targets" -- New!
Red Arrow’s battle to prevent the League of Shadows from inciting a war, pits him against the world’s most dangerous assassins – and allies him with someone more dangerous still. Too bad Aqualad couldn’t convince him to ask the team for help…

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

On a related note, Lash, Troy and I have started a Facebook page for Young Justice, called Young Justice Headquarters. Come check it out if you'd like.

You can also find a link there for our interview with Peter David himself!

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone have opinions on the new season?

-- I think their choice for the new Dr Fate is interesting although the person that it almost was is just as interesting.
-- Who is that girl who was seen helping the schoolbus in the first ep? She's in the promos as being part of the team (or at least standing with them as though she is)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
The person saving the bus is Rocket, one of the Milestone characters. YJ has followed the current DC comics by having the Milestone properties rolled into the main continuity. I think one or two of the grown-up Milestone characters have also made brief, non-speaking appearances.

I was glad to see the helmet of Nabu taken off the table for a while. It was to potent to leave on Kid Flash's trophy shelf even with it's inherent drawbacks. I don't know if I needed another Kid Flash spotlight this week since he had one already. As far as I remember we still haven't had one for Robin which seems like an oversight.

Incidentally, this is actually still the first season, technically speaking. They've just stretched it out for over a year. The 2nd season will be called "Young Justice: Invasion" or something like that.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have come to love this series despite many of my misgivings in the past... the last two episodes were really good... I didn't even find Wally that annoying... liked how they incorporated an old Flash (second series #1) story into the show... I'd like to see more stories from the comics brought to life like that...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm having to catch them as catch can on youtube, unfortunately. I seem to have missed a couple. and I haven't seen the new GL cartoon, though I gotta say I hate the computer animation. No soul to it. Way to clean. Needs a little grit.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I watch it on youtube as well.

I'm loving it. Zatanna is a great addition.

(I care nothing for Artemis and her dark secret. Yawn.)

Marvel may be kicking DC's ass in the movie venue, but DC's consistently had better animated stuff, IMO.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
This show is the first time I've liked Zatanna really. Maybe it's the interaction with Zatara that that was missing before. I was sure Robin was going to her about losing parents but maybe that's a little too dark even for this show.

I'll be glad when they get Artemis' and Miss Martian's secrets out in the open. They've played them out long enough.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish I had Cartoon Network.
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Anita Cocktail:
I wish I had Cartoon Network.

I'm not sure if YouTube has yanked them down yet, but I've seen all of them so far on YouTube (usually split into two half-episodes). The quality has been good, although, occasionally, the picture is backwards (all the writing goes right to left and is hard to read, but the action looks fine!).

Looks like quite a few are still up, perhaps even most of them. Here's part 1 of episode 1 (it was a double length episode, and so is in four parts).

Ep 1, part 1

[ March 25, 2012, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't know they were showing new episodes! Now I have to track them down.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
The most recent episode with Haly's Circus was fun... I like this version of Robin quite a bit... except for the giggling which has seemed to have toned down...

I'm getting a little tired of the whole "there's a mole on the team" scenario... I hope they resolve that asap...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I didn't know they were showing new episodes! Now I have to track them down.

In addition to YouTube, which can be a minor hassle to sort through (lots of people post links to other sites, instead of posting the actual episode, and the posted episodes are often divided into anywhere from two to five sections, for quality), there are a few non-pay-sites you can find, like this one.
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.