Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Young Justice... The Animated Series!!! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Young Justice... The Animated Series!!!
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Its on youtube if you look for it. Eps 1 and 2.

won't work for me because i need the close captioned in order to be able to understand what s going on there. No CC = I have to wait til on the TV. groan. two episodes already?!?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crymsun Kid:
From an interview (though I don't remember where I read it) Geoff Johns really liked the idea of the new Aqualad, so decided to bring him in to use in Brightest Day.

So.. I'm okay with that.

I'm gonna try to make this sound as rational and intelligent as possible.

Let's examine the fact that, as I mentioned previously, around the same time they revealed the new Aqualad, they announced he was going to be in Brightest Day.

A: BD is currently DC's big banner/event series.

B: All information regarding the new Aqualad was released first in Brightest Day so if anyone was to understand what was going on with him they would have to read Brightest Day, or they would get so interested in him they would want to read Brightest Day.

Now let's compare the original Aqualad to the new Aqualad.

Garth: White, curly black hair, a red shirt and a scaly blue speedo. And he started out being afraid of fish.
 -

Jackson:
 -

So, yeah. It seems to me that DC would've been too embarrassed to include the original Garth as Aqualad in a starring rule, so they created a cooler, new version.

Let's also examine that Garth, as Tempest, was killed in Blackest Night. So why bother using a character who they just killed, knowing that any popularity would probably lead to an outcry of wanting him back. Why bother to all that trouble when they could just make a new Aqualad.

And to go for points they make him the minority character of the group, next to Miss Martian. I'm not trying to sound racist, far from it, I'm just making a point since there've been a lot of accusations of racial insensitivity with DC.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
The 1st part reruns tonight & there's a game based on it on the CN website now.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
So.. was anyone else disappointed the offical premiere episode was just a re-run?

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched the first part of "Independence Day" this morning, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next episode. It wasn't perfect by any means, but the animation was excellent. I'll own up to getting more than a little excited when I saw the Hall of Justice. Aqualad seemed a little stiff, but I'm willing to go with the "fish out of water" angle for a while.

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
I'm gonna try to make this sound as rational and intelligent as possible.

Thank you for trying.

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Did it work?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Miss Martian is voiced by the beautiful and super-intelligent Danika McKellar.

Here is hoping Miss Martian will be super-intelligent.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Crymsun, I was too. My kid and I sat down to watch it together and he was bummed out because it was a rerun. Next week will be to apparently.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep. It was. Oh well.. it's still a good show. Let's hope we get a new one next week!

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
It'll be about time, too. three months betweent he first and third eps. Not cool.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Reminder for everyone, a new episode airs tonight!

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Watched it with Sam. He thought Mr. Twister was red tornado too, but I figured it was a second bot by Morrow. still, it was pretty fun. Miss Martian gives the team a way to travel with the ship thats like a takeoff of WW's invisible plane. He loved it.

I thought it was pretty good. But they need to back off the gravley voice for S-kid.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

I had to take Bite Girl (my daughter) to meet her friends at the movies, so I missed it.

Yay for DVR's! I'll catch it later. [Smile]

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

I missed the 1st five minutes but enjoyed this episode a lot better then the premiere. The main reason being Megan really adds a much needed presence to the team.

--------------------
ActorLad

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.