Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Amazing Covers (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Amazing Covers
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I stumbled on Beverly McClellan's original stuff totally by accident a week or so ago. I love this snippet of her singing the Who's "Teenage Wasteland," and giving it some pretty bluesy overtones.

[Cool]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Slade cover Chuck Berry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9HZXcix_tI

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ray Davies of the Kinks is, in my opinion, one of those great songwriters whose singing voice puts me off. Thus, I present my five favorite Kinks covers, in chronological order:

The Pretenders, "I Go To Sleep" (1979)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yoR7fg2pE0

Van Halen, "Where Have All the Good Times Gone?" (1982)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke3ua0kLhYA

The Fall, "Victoria" (1988)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbQBdvEg_40

Kirsty MacColl, "Days" (1989)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOKWqtocXWs

Def Leppard, "Waterloo Sunset" (2005)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnNP8aKBwc

--------------------

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for posting all the Davies covers, FL.

So many great covers of "I Go To Sleep" and the Pretenders is my favorite.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Sex Mob gives their trademark punk-jazz treatment to "Live And Let Die".

(And on a semi-related note, there's this.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Seal has a new cover album. Every song is a treat.

Seal covers Marvin

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Thanks to Harbinger for reminding me of this awesome performance:

Annie Covers the Clash

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

More Annie, this time covering Neil Young:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23aYZf18i-c

My thanks to Harbi, as well.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

This won't get me any points for hipness, but I don't care. And it's worth noting that the Martha & the Vandellas original not only missed the pop Top 40, but didn't even make the R&B Top Five. So I thank Phil for introducing me to a beautiful song I might otherwise have never heard.

Phil Collins, "In My Lonely Room"

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I love covers of Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence, particularly Lacuna Coil's.

But this is surely the strangest and coolest cover...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Barbara Lynn brings her awesomeness to "Don't Be Cruel."

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Never liked Houston, and I've not really listened much to the Parton version, but Soundgarden was the later I worshipped at in the '90s and Chris Cornell really nails this version of "I Will Always Love You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgFAq9Q8l8U

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Brazil's Pato Fu introduces kids to "Bohemian Rhapsody," via toy instruments. (I believe the CD name, Musica de Brinquedo translates as "Toy Music.")

[LOL]

Unfortunately, I can't translate the puppet banter for you all, because I don't speak Portuguese. [sigh] But the music part begins around 1:45.

[ February 28, 2012, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------

Jerry
active

Bonnie Raitt covers the late Gerry Rafferty's biggest hit on her latest album. It's hard to beat the smooth vocals of Rafferty's original. Never the less, Bonnie is as classy as ever, the song deserves a revival, and the album is excellent.

Right Down the Line

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
>sigh< my wife says any of the glee tunes. I don't know them. I prefer other stuff, but there ya go.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.