Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Amazing Covers (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Amazing Covers
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, Rick, This will make a believer out of you.

Glee Cover

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Set reminded me in another thread (ironically, the Worst Song Ever thread) how many good David Bowie covers are out there. Links to Def Leppard's "Drive In Saturday" and Nirvana's "The Man Who Sold the World" were already posted earlier in this thread, but here's a couple more.

Bauhaus, "Ziggy Stardust":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ElukybhN54

Dead or Alive, "Rebel Rebel":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQwf4tapSk

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Fun. Here's my favorite Rebel Rebel cover.

Rickie

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
MLLASH reminded me of these two beauties from the Randy Newman songbook:

"I Think It's Going To Rain Today", sung by the indescribably great Irma Thomas (b. 1941)

and

"Old Man", sung by Art Garfunkel (b. 1941)

[Love] [Love]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Related to that other thread: Nirvana covers:

Cibo Matto: "About A Girl". The cheesy lounge-Latin arrangement and their deadpan intro never fails to make me giggle.

Laura Love: "Come As You Are". I mostly know Love from her later work in bluegrass groups, but I like the ultra-simple stylings of this cover.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a full album of Metallica covers...

...rearranged as lullabies.

Enter Sandman

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
And I just discovered this song a few days ago...

I mostly listen to metal but I also am a big fan of Johnny Cash. Combine to two for a totally rocking song...

Sad Man's Tongue (Johnny Cash Cover) - Volbeat

I know most of you aren't into this style of music, but this is really worth checking out!!

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
There's no connection or theme here but these are simply some random covers that I always enjoy:

We had some Lou Reed love early in the thread; here's a cover of one of his songs from the Velvet Undergound days. It's from The Feelies "Only Life" album (one of my all-time faves)

The Feelies - What Goes On

Husker Du released a few covers during their time together (including a version of "Sunshine Superman") but Bob Mould's howling semi-incoherence on this Byrds track makes it their best:

Husker Du - Eight Miles High

I have to be honest I had to look up the original artist behind this Madness number, so here's to you Mr. Labi Siffre. This version has sort of supplanted the original - it was recently used in a Volkswagen commercial:

Madness - It Must Be Love

This one I found through random youtube searching for The Clash but I've gone back to it quite often. The original is one of my favortie Clash songs - this band features a female lead singer and they added horns to the arrangement as well:

TIJUANA NO! - Spanish Bombs

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.