Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Power Chick songs that I like...new stuff for me. (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Power Chick songs that I like...new stuff for me.
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget K.D. Lang's "Surrender" from TOMORROW NEVER DIES. (It really should have been over the opening credits, not the end credits. To date, the last song they used over the end credits that wasn't just "The James Bond Theme" again.)
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of power chicks. Let's not forget legendary power rocker and punk legend, Candy Slice. Seen here in some rare footage from a late 70s SNL appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMF7JrPHT74

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Mmm... mmmm... Trippy vintage space jazz from the one and only Dorothy Ashby (1932-1986).

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
How's this for a "power chicks" song from the 80's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBrPw7IAYSM

[Wink] [Stiletta] [Styx] [Embarrassed] [Cool]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[slaps fk with a fish]

Moving right along... [cough] Here's Marilyn Mazur (who I've raved about before) doing her groovy jazz-world drummer thing in a small-group jam.

If you like your jazz LOUD... [Yes]

(I'm not sure who the stellar vocalist is. Possbily Aina Kemanis or Aviaja Lumholt, both of whom she's worked with before.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
The previous two posts.... I'm needing to hear a Mazur/Musique mashup!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Oh, LT. Always seeing both sides of a question. Are you sure that you don't have any Winathian ancestry?

[Wink]

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. Not a Gemini either.

;-)

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Another jazz powerhouse from overseas: Norway's Froy Aagre.

--------------------

Jerry
active

Mary J, Mary J, Mary J.....

Did you really think you could take one of the most perfect songs by one of the most amazing bands and improve on it? Did you think you could upstage Bono? I guess you did. You surprised the hell out of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VAShbYc2o&feature=related

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
And here's a tribute video for powerful women everywhere! [Smile] :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T18K-BcZZb4&feature=related&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVBJqByFV5qY%26feature%3Drelated&has_verified=1

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Jazz bassist Mimi Jones and her band rock out!

[swoons]

--------------------

Jerry
active

Melissa performing this song live counts as a religious experience in some quarters. She can do no wrong in my book:

Insanity of that temporary kind

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Jerry
active

Worth another shot:

Heavy

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

cleome46

[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
It's all good, Cle. I'd have nina simone on here to but I was doing stuff that was new to me...

I kept wanting to post some Simone, but I can never decide what song to go with. So many great possibilities.

Months later, we have a winner!

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.