Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The official Avengers movie thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The official Avengers movie thread
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Well said, Emily. In the unreal world of entertainment, the dirty business of espionage always goes well with a sweet coating of romanticism. Are you, by any chance a fan of the TV show "Alias"?

I never saw it, but I am aware that real espionage is not as exciting as in the movies and TV. When I wrote a character as a spy for the LMB he was basically a glorified accountant. However, fantasy does have it's place, especially when it comes to the development of new technology. The CIA has took cues from James Bond movies when it comes to technology.

If the movie is successful though, we could see changes in roster in sequels. Since Spider-Man and X-Men are still possessed by other studios until if and when Disney buys back the film rights, we could see a good amount of Avengers getting the spot-light.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hate to say it, but I think Johhanson is really good at having good boobs. She could easily not have been in IM2 and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. And pretty much anything else I've seen her in could have been done better by other actress'. Sorry, not real impressed by her. the one scene where she stalked out of the room in IM2 was...overwrought? I guess you could say.

Just ain't my thing, I guess.

I would much more have preferred a Janet closer to her origins as a slightly spoiled but sweetly good hearted rich girl along the lines of Hepburn in Bringing Up Baby...but can kick assterisk.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Johanssen is pretty, but not every woman in the world looks hot in a black leather catsuit.

Diana Riggs-as-Emma Peel? Hot.

Michelle Pfieffer-as-Catwoman? Hot.

Kate Beckinsale-in-Underworld? Hot.

Carrie Anne Moss-as-Trinity? Hot.

Scarlet Johanssen-as-Black Widow? Not so much.

What little I've seen of Anne Hathaway-as-Catwoman? Again, not so much.

Scarlet's pretty, but I think she looks better dressed up than slinking around in a catsuit.

Catsuit's ain't for everyone...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone have a recent clip to share? There certainly seems to be quite a lot of buzz happening around this movie.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Johanssen is pretty, but not every woman in the world looks hot in a black leather catsuit.

Diana Riggs-as-Emma Peel? Hot.

Michelle Pfieffer-as-Catwoman? Hot.

Kate Beckinsale-in-Underworld? Hot.

Carrie Anne Moss-as-Trinity? Hot.

Scarlet Johanssen-as-Black Widow? Not so much.

What little I've seen of Anne Hathaway-as-Catwoman? Again, not so much.

Scarlet's pretty, but I think she looks better dressed up than slinking around in a catsuit.

Catsuit's ain't for everyone...

You forgot to include Lee Meriwether as Catwoman to that list!
I'm sure it was just an oversite on your part. [Wink]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Julie Newmar!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Agreed, Julie was hot (if a bit strange) as Catwoman.
Lee only did that one Batman movie but MAN she left an impression on me! [Big Grin]

Let's just say I prefer her posterior in that catsuit over Newmar's!
I'm Greek after all ... you understand. [Wink]

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting item related to this movie:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/13/now-know-who-protagonist-of-avengers-why/

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It actually makes sense I guess.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Finally saw a nice long preview of it.
Lookin' good!

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure the preview was great, but I avoid previews these days, because they give away too much.

Less than two months to go. Can't wait.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

One week and counting!!!!!!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yesterday, me and the whole fam rewatched Captain America and Iron Man 2 as our excitement for the Avengers movie builds.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
It was released in Europe already, I guess.

Great reviews, as in being called the best movie of the year so far. That's encouraging!

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I thought it was pretty decent.

Not perfect, but good.

Yeah, some of the jokes fell flat and the aliens were pretty much cyphers (that's not a spoiler -- they appear at the very beginning), and Jeremy Renner lacks the charisma necessary for Hawkeye, but other than that, thumbs up all over.

I've seen reviews complaining that it takes too long to get going. I have no problem with the pace picking up slowly and the set pieces each topping the one before. Straight-ahead non-stop popcorn thrills give me a headache.

I know Scarlett Johansson is not everybody's idea of Natasha, but I think she was brilliant -- witty, classy, and sharp. The boys, except for the aformentioned Renner, were all fine, especially Downey and Ruffalo. And thank God we got Boy Scout Cap instead of Ultimate Cap.

I think Whedon did the very best he could given the tall order he was given. The sky's the limit from this point on, although I had a mixed reaction to the final "stinger" scene...

Click Here For A SpoilerThanos? Please, please, please, God, let the sequel be based on Avengers Annual # 7 and not the Infinity Fricking Gauntlet!

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.