Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The official Avengers movie thread (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The official Avengers movie thread
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
I know I'm late to the party but how cool were Hawkeye and Black Widow!

I liked both of these characters, although I felt there were too many shots of Hawkeye activating his bow to make him seem powerful.

Hawkeye was totally unlike the comic book version (or at least how I imagined him), but it worked. He's a brooding loner type, it seems, who spends more time observing than talking. I loved how they played up the HawkEYE aspect, making his visual acuteness an asset in non-archery ways.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
Wasn't the dialogue in that second ending scene brilliant?

And the action topped anything in the rest of the movie.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Hawkeye was totally unlike the comic book version (or at least how I imagined him), but it worked. He's a brooding loner type, it seems, who spends more time observing than talking.

Now that you mention it, this was a different sort of Hawkeye, and I'm not sure it would have been to my taste even with a different actor. The peevish motormouth of the Silver Age might be a bit much by modern standards, but I think there could have been a middle ground, maybe something closer to his characterization of the early mid-80s, around the time he co-founded the West Coast Avengers...

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

What impressed me about Hawkeye and the Black Widow is that both stood their ground and came off as credible SHIELD agents and heroes -- a tough thing to do in movie populated by Downey, Evans, Hemsworth, and Ruffalo, actors whose characters had starred in their own feature films, not to mention Samuel L. Jackson, whose distinct personality dominates every scene he's in.

It would have been easy for Hawkeye and Natasha to fade into the background, but they didn't. They came off as heroes equal to the rest, each having something unique to contribute.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Its also a nod to the actors, writers and director that the relationship *between* the two felt very strong and layered. It was definitely a hook for each one to humanize them (and Hawkeye quickly after being 'bad' for so long).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never been a fan of hers, but if she's that passionate about it, I'm willing to keep an open mind.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw it again last night in 3D... added very little to the experience... crazy amount of previews, including Amazing Spider-Man and Dark Knight Rises... not looking forward to DKR as much as I thought would be...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

I was thinking of watching it in 3D, Sharky, but you've just saved me the effort. (Though I may see the film again in regular format.)

I had to sit through 20 minutes of previews before the film started. This is why I go to movies so rarely these days. [Mad]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<------ likes the previews
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I love previews... not to get this thread off-topic, but Prometheus looks bad ass... and Brave looks like a lot of fun...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Charlize Theron ... I'd roll back for her.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I'm not On Topic Angel, but it looks like I'll have to deputize for her.

Please continue the discussions on other summer movies here.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

(I hope no one minds if I sneak in one last off-topic comment, since it relates to those posted above . . . I don't mind previews, but twenty minutes strikes me as excessive. But then I hate commercials: I won't sit through a 15-second Youtube commercial to watch a music video.)

ON-TOPIC: I don't mind what's-her-name as She-Hulk, but I hope Shulkie isn't a priority for the next movie. I'd rather see Wanda and the Vision before later comics members are introduced. (Though Kelsey Grammer as The Beast would be a nice crossover.)

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Much as I love She-Hulk (at least when she was written by Roger Stern), I doubt that the enthusiasm of one C-List actress would be enough to make the character a priority for the filmmakers.

I don't think it would be unrealistic to assume that we probably won't see She-Hulk in an Avengers movie until about 2025.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I think the only way we'll see Shulkie is in the last 20 minutes of a Hulk movie 'everything including the kitchen sink' type sequence.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.