Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The official Avengers movie thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The official Avengers movie thread
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Just saw it, and wow, my doubts about Whedon working on this are laid to rest. It was pretty amazing.

Natasha and Clint *could* have come across as completely out of their depth, on a team with Iron Man, Thor and the Hulk, but instead really got to shine. Black Widow's spycraft is awesome to see.

The movie was filled with fun lines, without descending into slapstick. The Hulk was surprisingly funny, at times.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
An amazing film... at one point, I thought to myself, "They really pulled it off"... really made me long for a Justice League film...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Natasha and Clint *could* have come across as completely out of their depth, on a team with Iron Man, Thor and the Hulk, but instead really got to shine. Black Widow's spycraft is awesome to see.

[Yes]

quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
An amazing film... at one point, I thought to myself, "They really pulled it off"

[Yes]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The helicarrier taking off was, for me, the geektech moment that the various Transformers movies failed to ever deliver. Cap handing Fury $10 after was funny, as well.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed on the helicarrier scene.

And I laughed when...

Click Here For A Spoiler...Hulk creamed Loki and said, "Puny god." I hope Hulk has more lines in the sequel.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked it too. (being a DC fan, I can't say I loved it [Wink] ) For me, I did not pick up any plot holes while watching it and there were no times where a character did something only because the plot demanded it. I would definitely recommend seeing this on the big screen.

I really loved Click Here For A SpoilerNatasha's interrogation scenes. I am glad about how they used Black Widow when she easily could have been just the token female.

I am already thinking of seeing it on the big screen one more time.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
And I laughed when...

Click Here For A Spoiler...Hulk creamed Loki and said, "Puny god." I hope Hulk has more lines in the sequel.

Oh, thanks! Everybody in the theatre was laughing too loud after the 'gorilla tests tourister luggage' scene to make out what Hulk said!

Marvel has really set the bar unrealistically high for DC, for when they get around to making a Justice League movie...

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw it with my son today, we both really liked it a lot! It wasn't terribly deep but it was really fun all things considered.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw it with the kids today and LOVED it! Hell, if Marvel's Avengers (and most other) comics were this fun, I'd be buyin' the HELL outta them!

It's probably the best of all the comic book movie crop at bringing out what is unique about superhero action. It was unreal seeing all those iconic movie characters in one film! The subtle moment after Cap breaks up the Thor/Iron Man fight with the Avengers' Big Three standing in the same frame was a "wow" moment for a classic Avengers fan like myself.

At first blush, I'd still rank it behind Spider-man 2, the Nolan Batman films and possibly the original Superman, but it was a tremendous success for me. Loved how all the Avengers had their share of moments and how Joss Whedon injected his trademark humor to keep things lively.

And, oh yeah, Hulk stole the movie! [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
P.S. The second secret scene was HILARIOUS!!! [LOL]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy's right, the Big Three scene gave me gooseflesh, in a good way.

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
How Kid-friendly is it?
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Dave,

I think it is pretty kid friendly. There is a lot of rampaging destruction where if it were real there would be lots of dead people. From what I remember there is only one on-screen death and one scene Click Here For A Spoiler where a guy gets stabbed in the face around his eye. Although you don't actually see the actual penetration part of the stabbing As far a sex goes, there is an inital scene with Black Widow where there is an element of sex. But I would say it was on par with the scene in Superman II where you see Lois & Clark in bed.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I hardly ever go see big blockbuster movies on opening weekend, but decided to make an exception for this. I went to the 10:00 a.m matinee, saw it in 3D, and bought an $8.00 Sprite and some Raisinettes. It was a quite the event. It's playing back to back on four screens at the local multiplex. All the shows seem to be selling out or close to it. Lots of people lined up in Marvel tee-shirts, and I saw a few kids toting along Captain America shields and Mighty Thor hammers.

The movie itself was a lot of fun. The casting is just great all around. The effects were top notch. The movie had humor and heart.

[ May 06, 2012, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Took Carol and Sam to see it. I'd give it a solid b. A bit ... soulless.... at times, but then again, it was much better than I thought it would be. The trademark "Hero's fight, then team up" was there, but thats where I got the soulless from. Just didn't get that the "connection" that pulled them together for real was that important to them in their life, ya know.

Entertaining, and I'll buy the video, but I wouldn't go back to the theatre for it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.