Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Ongoing LMBP Tag Team Thread (rated PG13) (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The Ongoing LMBP Tag Team Thread (rated PG13)
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Numf, I'm incredibly sad that you are going to be leaving us for a break. I don't want you to go, I don't want you to stop writing your stories, and I want you to remain a major contributer to the fanfic and tag threads on the Bits forum.

But I have to honestly say that I can understand exactly where you're coming from. When rule ten went into effect, I kept wondering if I'd be able to write at all, until I finally decided that I'd be able to. But I can see where you're coming from. And writing your stories, if feeling a bit like you're being stifled, will not be the same at all.

I've loved all the posts that you've written, from your and Harbi's long trip to this recent hysterical segment with Kaant, and I really, really hope that I'll be reading more of your posts in the future. Please come back as soon as possible, I like having you present on the boards. But I can see where you're coming from. (And, just so you know, it's been acknowledged that the finger hasn't been pointed at just one person, and especially not you. It's a combination of myself and others here, plus in the Mission Monitor Board and in the Anywhere Machine as well.)

In other words Numf: the pleasure has been all ours [Smile] . Come back soon and write more tag stories, PLEASE!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Rule ten?? SoM you big weed! Have balls enough not to quote it verbatem like a good little nazi! Sonnie will rip you a new arsehole if you take this too far, it's a story telling thread for God's sake. We are adults here, and trust me, I work with kids and saying the 'C' word will NOT upset them, only bring them back for more!!!

Miss ya Ken, gi's a call soon!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, hiding behind Sonnie in that last statement wasn't good. I'LL rip you an new areshole if you stop my story.

End rant

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... wasn't Rule 10, or some form of it, always in place?

I thought the issue of "age appropriateness" was brought up recently only as a reminder to be careful -- not as an indication that anything specific that was said on this thread was offensive or inappropriate.

Numf, I do hope you will reconsider. Your contributions and your presence are very much appreciated just as they are, and would be greatly missed by everyone here. (Also, please see the PM I just sent you!) [Smile]

[ February 21, 2004, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
<Interlude>

SoM's eagerness aside. Rule 10 was made after speaking with other members about how things are getting out of hand from time to time, but as STU stated, it's been here all the time.

It's a more specific part of Rule #1! I love the fact that so many people come here and share their creativity, but I fail to see why people are having a problem with all of this. Words are not being censored here. And only in an instance or two has anything been edited. Harbinger, we are not all adults here. That's an illusion of the internet.

All I ask or have ever asked of anybody here, was to please be respectful of everybody else. In this case it's me and Scott and the fact that this is our webspace and we'd like to keep it! Got it?

May I suggest that anyone who wants to write stuff that gets out of hand and that they feel violates the rules, then by all means use your own webspace and link that page to here. There are plenty of free pages out there.

Although Rule 10 is worded a bit heavy handed, it takes language like that to wake people up from their own behavior sometimes. It's only been implemented in one instance, Lardy's second Fuckin' thread title. That's it. If anyone seriously believes there's rampant censorship here then they have to seriously examine what that means.

Feel free to PM or e-mail me about anything here.

<end interlude>

[ February 21, 2004, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
<interlude two>

And Ken, I've read through most of your posts and I don't think that anything you've written is a part of the "out of hand" posts that people are refering to. Perhaps I should remove SoM's post of rule #10? It's causing the wrong reaction.

<end of interlude>

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Gary

you created this swonderful space for us all and we're ahving hissy fits over interpretting what amounts to a fairly straight forward request for simple decent manners.

Apologies. Having re-read this in the light of day I understand exactly what you're saying.

Apologies to SoM also, I bet you have a very cute arse so I have no intention of ripping anything, though would gladly buy you a drink sometime as recompense.

Bxx

[ February 22, 2004, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
What Cobie & Gary said, I'd be very sorry to see you bugger off for long, or for good, Numf. (And I'm not saying that just to protect my arse.)

This story has gotten too complicated for me to contribute to without totally screwing up continuity, the other will probably be the same in a week or so. Short attention span, I guess I have. But it doesn't mean I'm not reading and enjoying it!

That being said, I'm sure something truly exotic could be done with fluffy kittens, strawberries & cream. Throw them in the Hootchie Hut and see what develops.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Gary

you created this swonderful space for us all and we're ahving hissy fits over interpretting what amounts to a fairly straight forward request for simple decent manners.

Thanks! And congrats on becoming a mod here. [devil]

Ken, I would like it very much if you'd continue the story.

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
What Cobie & Gary said, I'd be very sorry to see you bugger off for long, or for good, Numf. (And I'm not saying that just to protect my arse.)

This story has gotten too complicated for me to contribute to without totally screwing up continuity, the other will probably be the same in a week or so. Short attention span, I guess I have. But it doesn't mean I'm not reading and enjoying it!

That being said, I'm sure something truly exotic could be done with fluffy kittens, strawberries & cream. Throw them in the Hootchie Hut and see what develops.

Cramey, if any of us really cared about continuity, the story wouldn't be anywhere near as long and complicated as it is. Jump in and throw those kittens into a bowl of strawberries and cream at the Hootchie Hut and see what happens!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Numf will be back... he's had toooo much fun here to stay away, and I reckon an 'angry' but PC story about fluffy kittens, strawberries, cream and random story elements, like maybe lycanthropy wouldn't be beyond the realms of Ken's fantastic mind...

y'll spik t'us soon loon, aye?

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Ladies and Gentlemen, Lads & Lassies, Loons and Queins :-

Thank you all for your kind words of support. They are very much appreciated.

Thank you to Harbi for jumping, size 3 feet first, to my defence.
SoM - I’m sorry for being the cause of the aggression against you.

Cobie - it must be hereditary……..Glad though that I wasn’t the only one to feel that way.

Sonnie - I wish you’d PM’d me the lycanthrope line, ‘cos there’s surely a great story in there……..Maybe later, when everyone else has forgotten that you’ve given away the punchline…...

STU - cheers, I’ll answer your PM separately.

Nighty, thanks for taking the time to allay my fears that I was somehow perverting the morals of the world, or whatever it was that I thought I was doing. (Do atheists believe in morals? Without God and Satan is there an ultimate right and wrong? Therefore….. ah, crap, forget it.)
I realised that I wasn’t having the finger pointed at me, however, I felt that I may have fallen under the umbrella.
And as such, rather than bringing your wonderful site into disrepute I felt it prudent to remove any possible problems.
[Harbi is right - you do have a great site here, and I didn’t want to spoil it, nor feel that others thought that I had spoiled it.]
Your comments meant the most, in this case.

On Friday I wrote a 2000 word essay (and it’s been a good while since I’ve done one of those..) on Numf-Els views on censorship. It was probably more a look at things that people generally find offensive. I might post it one day to give you all a laugh, once this storm has passed.

However, all of my arguments were all blown out of the water by one phrase that I couldn’t get past.
“It’s Gary and Scotts website and they ask that we play nice.”
End of argument.
I would expect you to play by my rules in my territory, and as such I will play by your rules in your territory. Rule #1 - Respect.
So, I’m glad that I was, in retrospect, perhaps a tad paranoid after all. And that you don’t think I’ve overstepped the line in the sand. If I do overstep the line, please feel free to PM me and haul my ass back into line. I'd rather that then what's just happened. I personally feel that it's better to be told straight than to worry about what may or may not be.

Having said this, I don’t feel that I’m quite back in the place that I was prior to the posting of Rule 10. Brain flash-fried. But at least on the way back.

So, no more Tag Team at the moment - gotta be in the right place for that. In the zone, I suppose the expression would be. And I’m kinda watching from the sidelines at the moment.
But, I promise to come back and finish off the Panamanian escapades of Numf, Rody, Kaant and Mr. Wayne Hussey. Promise.
But if you feel the desire to pluck them out of there for your own devices, feel free - I don’t think it’ll spoil things too much if I don’t kill them all off.
I’m gonna be around, just not particularly active for a while. It’s too good a site to run away from, and that was something I hadn’t wanted to do.

Oh, and if anyones at Waynes gig on the 13th March at the El Condado Club in Buenos Aries, pick me up a tour tee-shirt, will you please?

Respect to all,

K’Numf

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Well said Numf.

I Posted (and then deleted) one of those essays in a separate thread (also Deleted) because I was convinced that I knew better than everyone else how to deal with the perception of a problem. After a few hours I realized that I was off base and deleted everything before anyone else posted to (or possibly even read that nonsense) the thread.

Hopefully this incident is over and we can all get back to doing the things we enjoy here on Legion World. And just so that you are clear on this point, one of the things I enjoy the most here is reading your Insane Stories! Please start writing again soon.

Chuck

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
[interlude]

Taking a break from the hectic and rather odd events, Numf sat down on a tree root and opened his rucksack.

Rody clambered onto Numf's knee.

Numf rummaged through the rucksack and produced a small block of cheese. He cut it in half, and the two companions enjoyed its rich, mellow goodness in silence.

Numf patted the super-rodent in a friendly way, and Rody gave a squeak of contentment.

[/interlude]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
“Sorry Rody, but I reckon that Wayne will need your help more than me, so why don’t you go and take his rucksack back to him. Tasty cheeese, though, wasn’t it?”
Rody ran back down the trail, dragging the rucksack behind him, squeaking in delight.
Numf picked him self up and started slowly on his way again. He hadn’t heard anything since the initial screams. But he still had to be careful.
There was a preternatural silence. It was as if all of the animals in the rain forest were holding their breaths awaiting the next installment…..

Across at the other scream location, Wayne Hussey was leaning over the edge of a steak and stake infested pit, the corpses, mud and blood not a pretty sight - so if you’re too young, or unusually sensitive, or just a big girlie (as opposed to a big girl - I’m not trying to be sexist here) I wouldn’t join Wayne on the edge there if I were you.
A pile of corpses had been built against the near wall of the pit, and a small oriental girl had been using them to clamber nearer to ground level.
Like the absolute gent that he is, Wayne had already disconnected the strap from his guitar, and was offering it down to the young girl to enable her to climb out of the hole.
Unfortunately for all concerned, Wayne hadn’t had the telepathic implant that enabled him to understand the frantic squeaks from Rody, who had just appeared at his side.

Numf couldn’t remember where the bloody hell he was; it was as if somebody was playing with his brain. Well, maybe just muddling his senses a bit.

Oh yeah, something about screaming.

“AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!” came the scream again, this time from directly behind him.

Numf shat himself.

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.