Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The untamed streets of Legion World (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The untamed streets of Legion World
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<it's too late, however, Sir Roy has now seen them>

Halt where you are! Nobody make a move!

Outrageous that you think you can walk around the streets when three of you are wanted. Cobalt Kid, Furball, Exnihil, I am placing you under arrest.

I'm afraid the tables have turned. No one person is above the law, former Security Chief.

<pulls saber from it's sheath>

Come along quietly and this will be much easier.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt's smiling face suddenly changes in front of them all, transforming into a cold, almost mean stare>

I'm not going to let you arrest us today, Inquisitor.

<magnetically yanks Roy's saber away, sending it hurling down the alley>

Let me be clear: many of my fellow LMBers believe you deserve a second chance on Legion World. I do not.

I witnessed you murder a sentient right in front of my eyes. To me, you will always be a murderous piece of garbage to be taken down like all the other infiltrators on Legion World. So walk around with your badge and take comfort in your authority all you want; I will not recognize it.

Once before, long ago, you tried to act as the security of Legion World. And with Fat Cramer, I gave you a beating I know you haven't forgotten.

Now stand down, or get it again.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<Roy is stunned by the words, which rip deep into his soul>

H-How dare you? You arrogant, contemptuous knave. You think you answer to nothing but yourself, but you are wrong.

I will arrest you all, or die trying!

<Roy gets into fighting position; after being unnerved however it triggers a physical change to him, causing the artificial treatment for his burned face to one more stop working, and his face slowly begins returning to it's scarred form>

Stand down, villains!

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Furball looks from Cobie to Roy.

"Don't do this Roy...you have no chance against us and you have to know that."

He crouches ready to move at Cobies signal...hoping that this can be avoided.

"We need to do something fast boss, we're too exposed right now and the longer we're in one spot...the worse it is."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<magnetically, the saber comes flying back up the alley, cracking Roy in the back of the head, buffaloing him and knocking him out cold>

There, that will be us some time, he'll be out for hours. I'll move his body over here where he won't be found. We can't waste much more time and have to keep moving.

<with Power Boy now in tow, they continue to slip through the back streets...>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<turning to Furball>

Hope you didn't think that was too rough. Felt like it was the quickest solution less the two of us had to get really rough.

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
"Thanks. I really didn't want to fight him. We do need to keep moving...even if it's just random."
From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Furball ran slightly behind the rest and stopped, looking around. He starts up again, catching up to Cobie.

"We headed anywhere in particular?"

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Furball kept pace with the others. things were not going as he had thought they would, but they weren't that bad yet either to be honest.
Furball motioned to a building to the right and they all entered.

"We'll be okay here for a while."

Furball sat back in the shadows watching the doors while the others got a little rest in one of the back rooms.

He felt bad about what he had done to Dev and Lardy, but that too was necessary if what Cobie thought was happening was.

It wouldn't be the first time he had gone against his brother, and it probably wouldn't be the last. Hell, he had told Cobie about his actual nature years before Dev...and telling Dev was only because he had run across him in human form at his quarters. He hadn't really known how to tell Dev that he was him...with a twist. He had never had a childhood to speak of...just a lot of tests after coming to consciousness in the lab. His "mother" was not exactly very nutering...but she hadn't counted on him retaining Devs memories up until the point she took the samples. That kept him grounded no matter what she had done to him.

Dev seeing him was just one of those things that was really hard to explain..."hey, I'm you...only younger, with hair and a slightly different power set." His shape changing ability was limited to his larger furrier form and a human form that retained some bizarre wolfen like appearances. A set of teeth with fangs, ears that were smaller than Devs' but with a more distinct point to them.

Telling Cobie about it was something that he felt he had to do. He had grown weary of being the mascot to the group, and since Des was Security Chief at the time, he figured an unknown agent would be benifical...and boy was it. It had been shortly after the establichment of Legiuon World that they began their missions. Furballs absence amongst the group was just attributed to his seemingly beastial nature...nobody thought twice about it if he was gone for a month at a time. Sure, Dev worried once and a while, but that was usually negated by something else that happened soon afterwards. More than likely the fallout of whatever assignment he had been on that Cobie would send Dev to clean up.

Furball was the closest friend that nobody knew Des had. That aspect of it was gone now, but they had both decided that this one was too big to keep certian charades going. Besides, people were starting to notice things. Candice, bless her heart, had apparently known for a while and never said a word to anyone. Lardy suspected something...but could never seem to stay focused long enough to prove it. Then there were Devs' kids. They both knew...but kids are observant in ways that adults aren't. It was part of why he loved his niece and nephew so much...they treated it like a game, and they were good at it.

There were others that suspected something was going on, and he had to avoid Shark Lad during one assignment...and that nearly caused the destruction of a planet that eshall remain nameless as to not upset anyone on Legion World.

He wondered, as they rounded another corner, how things would shake out after this assignment. His Legion World cover was blown at this point, but that was something that they had anticipated for...I mean they were actually surprised that they had gotten away with it for this long.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Boy steps over the threshold .... leather boots making a crunching noise on the dust.

"I hope this isn't going to get ugly, even my sense of humor dosn't want to see a full scale civil war"

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"If it comes down to a civil war, things could get very messy. All the money coming in to the Security Office is going to purchase weapons," Question Kid commented.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"ahhhh ow"

< Power Boy grabs his ear as a shrill sound comes from it. He rips out an ear plug and throws it across the floor >

"What the ... I think I've been cut off from my satellite head quarters."

<Power Boy has a base of operations orbiting LW. A collection of small asteroids, where he's installed a natural atmosphere acts as his home and headquarters>

"In fact it seems like all communication off world has been cut off. The noose is tightening folks."

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

That's very alarming. It's either Lardy, going a step further than I ever though possible, or something far more sinister.

Our next stop is still a few blocks away so we need to pick up the pace. It's up the hill here...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<hands Ex a water bottle>

Even though we're on Legion World, everyone stay hydrated and be aware of things like that. Who knows when out next proper meal will be?

<aside to Furball>

Couldn't be worse than those three weeks in Bismoll, eh? [Big Grin]

<continues up the hilly street>

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

<Resists urge to use Super Speed up the hill. Instead uses his enhanced senses and telepathy to constantly scan for trouble. Mega Rod out and ready.>
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.