Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The untamed streets of Legion World (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The untamed streets of Legion World
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
<gasping, hacking, delirious staggering>

The pollen... the bees....

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<throws cloak to Matlock>

Buildings destroyed...innocents harmed...and it keeps getting worse...

We need to bring this bastard down...

<pulls cloak tighter>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

***ha-CHOOO***

sniff...

Cobie. Research revealed... natural enemies of bees... bears... skunks. Aack. certain parasites... wheeeze...

must be of some use. but how? rally the cub house?

HAH-CHOO!!!

the bees will pay a heavy toll.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

<Hrun and matlock tumble off the patio at Cramer's out into the dingy alleyways of Legionworld>

Very well young stripling! Let's see if you have what it takes to beat the old man!

Hey, the interton trash can lid! I need it now more than ever.

<lid in one hand, spinning pretzel maker above head in other, matlock circles his berserker prodigy>

Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Though filled with a killing rage Hrun is still an old Barbarian fighter (and just think about how “good” that must make him) so he circles Matlock warily as he eyes up the strange pretzel weapon.

Then he dummy’s left and attacks to the right the blows rain down heavily on Matlock’s inertron trash can lid bending it out of shape but otherwise protecting Matlock.

“Hold back there kid we got to talk” says Matlock but to no avail, the Barbarian is not listening.

Realising that his sword is not powerful enough Hrun sheaths it and draws out Hrunfilgar the battle axe.

“Listen boyo the sword didn’t break this, what makes you think that axe can. Look we really need to talk” Says Matlock.

Hrun attacks and Matlock once more raises the inertron trash can lid. To his horror the axe slices cleanly through the makeshift shield and cuts deep into his arm leaving it limp and useless.

“I have to get away from him, give him time to calm down.” Thought Matlock and activating his coffee vision he blasts Hrun with a Double Espresso knocking him backwards. Taking advantage of the momentary respite Matlock vanishes through Stoopid Cats tesseract system.

to step out in the midst of battle

on this mysterious island

[ June 30, 2005, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Hrun the Barbarian ]

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<little boy looks on from his window>

Gee Willikers Ma! Two LMBers are battling in the streets!

“Get ready for school!!!” she barks

“Aw, shucks!” says the kid…

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

<Reemerging from the tesseract portal from Greg Evigan Island>

Hrun!!! Where are you boy? Doggone it you get out here right now!

<follows trail of wreckage and coffee pot debris...>

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<A mob of 100,000 has gathered outside the LMB constitutional convention as Tamper speaks. Many in the mob carry weapons and signs denouncing the dictatorial powers of the Office of Security and its agent.>

...a growing isidious threat growing on the bowels of Legion World. The Office of Security led by the Sexual Deviant Cobalt Kid and the Dudley Do-Right... of Space are a creeping menace to the lives and prosperity of all of you.

I pledge that this convention will restore the rights of the people of Legion World.

<Tamper enters the hall. The most millitant elements of the mob march with their weapons towards the Office of Security, attacking government property along the way. The rest cordon off the Convention Hall subjecting delegates trying to enter with a hail of abuse.>

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<little boy pauses in the streets>

Wait! You’re all crazy!

Don’t you remember it was here that Matlock saved us from the Royal Inquisitor?

And it was here that Cobalt Kid and Space Ranger battled the Red Bee! And Dark Stu! And Phineas B. Fuddle!

The Security Office has always protected us, specifically on the streets of Legion World!

*choke* What are you all doing?

<crowd begins to murmur>

“He’s right!” says an old grandmother, “we owe them our lives a thousand times over!”

<bearded dock worker speaks up>

“It’s that evil genius guy, that Tamper Lad! He’s screwing with us!”

<Crazy Lou, the town drunk speaks up>

“I say we tar and feather him!”

<finally, Matlock enters>

“No people! Untamed violence is never the answer! We must look to civilized society and live in peace as we always do. Trust us, my friends, we’ll take care of Tamper Lad!”

“You got it Matlock!” they reply in unison.

Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hrun enters,
"Feh! who says untamed violence is not the answer? here, try your vaunted coffee vision powers on this" and he throws the stolen coffee machine from Cramers at Matlocks head.

"Once I have found Stoopid Cat I shall return for you. you old youngster. We have unfinshed business you and I"

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
Here I am again, back out on the streets...just where Matlock gave me the ultimate beating that finally put a stop to my never-ending spiral of violence...

<The Royal Inquisitor enters a dark alley and runs down another side alley. In his arms is the body of Varalent, recently pulled from SHAKES. The Emerald Eye isn't seen, but the green glow suggests its presence is near>

Wake up Varalent! There's no signs of attack, no bruises...I can't tell what happened. I need to find someone who can...

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

<looks at Vee's face>

I can't see his face--everything is shrouded in green...

The glare isn't being helped by my mask, but I don't dare remove it. Where shall I take him?

<notices old wino, tries to move quicker>

Hm, this is the seedy part of Legion World that few ever venture into. I need to be careful here...

...but I know someone who is close...

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
pop

There you are! I don't take kindly to sucker punches!

***Lard Lad to Security Office. Found them! Lock in on my coordinates!***

<both hands glow purple>

Put him down, Roy! Or this will get...nasty.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Lard Lad!

I see running from you simply isn't smart. But I can tell you with all honesty that I won't be attacking you again.

You were away for a long time when I made my way here. I did things I'm not proud of. But I was on Legion World for over a year in hiding and I knew these streets well, thanks to the Red Bee.

The Emerald Eye is speaking to me somehow, I can feel it. Its telling me to get Vee away from you and everyone else. The danger is still very real. Some...*thing*...is near, and it wants Vee.

So once again, I must bid you farewell.

<pushes a brick into the side of a building and immeditely a platform falls out from underneath him. A tesseract transport picks up the Royal Inquisitor and Vee and sends him somewhere else on Legion World. Normally, the Security Office would be able to monitor or stop this, if not for the damage that Gary Concord and Lonestar Ranger did to the tesseracts months ago to allow them to get around easier>

<the Royal Inquisitor and Vee are gone>

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.