Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The untamed streets of Legion World (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The untamed streets of Legion World
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Furball is running at top speed through the streets, following his instincts.

"LOLITA! Cobie needs you! Legion World needs you!"

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{flying overhead, Hot Chick does her best to destroy swarms with her light powers}

{thinks} By the Eternal Void! Of all of the threats for the Dark Oval to drop on Legion World, they choose the Red Bee? Out of all the terrorists are weapons of mass destruction they could have deployed, using him is the cruelest act imaginable! {incinerates another swarm} Why, had I succeeded in unleashing the Great Plague a couple of years ago on Legion World, it would have put it out of its misery rather quickly by comparison!

{smiles} Ah, Kalla, you've transitioned from a zealot to an opportunist in such a short time... {more bees are incinerated}

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
"Damned bees are getting thicker. Thank the gods I have tough skin. Still hurt like hell though."

Sees Hot Chick flying above him a few blocks away.

"HEY! Don't suppose you want to help a guy out here?"

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{spots Furball flagging her down}

{flies over to him}

Well, hello, handsome! Need a lift?

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

"Sure enough beautiful. I need to find Lolita...we need her to deal with this problem. Any ideas?"
Kalla Hrykos
Active

{thinks} I do not know much about this "Lolita". However...the Chief told your brother that she "hangs" out in the establishment called "Cramer's" quite a bit. Should we check there?
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

"Good a place as any. Gods, I hope they haven't hit Cramers already..."
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Let's go, then! {grabs him under the armpits and they fly to Cramer's}
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
< Power Boy fights in the skies above Legion World ...

seeming to be everywhere at once, smashing through the tide, and incinerating huge swarms with his lazer vision >

<after dispatching a large cloud --- > "Let's see how much time I can buy the others ... "

<With a Roar he plumets into the next swarm>

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev is searching Legion World for Power Boy. Seein ghim fighting another swarm of bees, and realizing more and more no matter what they do they are hopelessly outmanned for what is happening, flies down and grabs hum from the street.

"Don't fight me, and keep blasting away. I need to get you to Cobie and Lardy. Not sure if you can help, but you said something earlier about sensing where things were not that might be some help in finding Red Bee."

[ March 07, 2011, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
On the streets of Legion World Lard Bots swoop down making a series of arrests, mostly for minor code offenses such as jaywalking and especially being out after curfew. Some citizens are confused and "resist arrest". Some of these are beaten pretty badly, as are some who vaguely resemble the Red Bee's description.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow was busy today aiding local police in investigations. There were at least five bank robberies today, and all of them were being carried off by super-powered beings. When they stopped for lunch, she couldn't help but overhearing some people say they felt sympathy for the bank robbers. "This government deserves everything they get," she heard one man say.

"There's a hostage situation at the bank at 1873 Chestnut street. The suspect is a hot," The police officer said, the word "hot" used to describe superpowered beings. Red Arrow and the officer arrived at the scene. There was five bank employees and four customers being held hostage. A bank employee had put marked bills in when the thief told her not to, which created a big problem.

Red Arrow asks, "Do we have the authority to enter this situation?"

"Yes, as a Fed you can enter," The police officer affirmed. Red Arrow used the intangibility equation and entered slowly through a side wall. One of the thugs was scared and dropped his weapon, only to be laughed at by another member.

"Why isn't it my old friend?" A masked thief smiled. Red Arrow ignored the taunt and reconstituted herself. "Please surrender now," She said.

"Fed, we are not murderers. We just want money like everyone else in this universe. But not getting caught at all is better than being charged with theft," The leader said, levitating as he spoke to her.

"And even though you have a cool superpower, these folks aren't as fortunate. See my friends here have fire, ice, and other cool powers that could kill them," He explained further. Unfortunately, by the time he finished explaining that Red Arrow was already on the move. She used a flash arrow to distract thieves, while she took two of the hostages out.

Red Arrow felt sad that the thieves decided to make a hole in the ceiling and escape with the money, but the police officers assured her she did a good job. "None of the hostages were harmed," The police officer said.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Lad was sitting at Bullseye's in Charltonburg, enjoying a good meal. Keyes Communications kept broadcasting the elections, but he was getting bored with them. He took out his Susanoo 3000 and bought the latest Proud Xudarians album, "Sunrise on Oa". He loved the music, listening to it before bed made him dream of being a Green Lantern.

The only thing that interested him was a report from Nasger. His home system was in the news so this had to be big. A Salvadorian official was visiting Legion World. At that moment he noticed several young men near the bars look serious. There was something familiar about them but he couldn't put his finger on it...and suddenly the Keyes switched to a commerical and they left.

Question Lad asked for the check and left the restaurant. There was intense fog this night, giving Charltonburg the feel of England. He was going to attend a seminar on Caesar Augustus at Magnus University when he got an emergancy call on his Omni-Com.

"Hernando Suarez of Salvador's body was found below the O'Neil Highway. Requesting all availiable Federal Agents until the Chief of Security is availiable," The police officer said.

Question Lad forwarded the message to Dev-Em, knowing this was going to be a messy investigation. Nasgerian politics are not for the faint of heart.
~~~
"Our prilimenary autopsy findings indicate that the suspect was burnt from the inside out," The LWCSI scientist explained to him.

"The better to cover up evidence," Question Lad said. This was all to familiar-- he bore memories, none of them his own, of the military regime on Madeira. Many officers had fled to other regions of the empire following the demise of that governor. Question Lad noted the laboratorie's findings. The LWCSI asked about Dev-Em, and Question Lad answered he is busy elsewhere.

Question Lad was exploring the neighborhood the politician was staying in. He was staying in a place called the Shelley Hotel. The politician spared no expense, and had stayed in the Ozymandias Suite. Question Lad could barely contain his laughter at the title.

He went to ask the receptionist for a look around, when two young men walked besides him. One of them said, "Hey there you are! We've been looking for ages for you."

"I have never seen you before in my life," Question Lad said.

The other one said, "As forgetful as ever. We've better get him home." Question Lad decided to play a long in order to avoid bringing more civilians involved in whatever this was. He followed them to their small green car, remembering to take off his gloves before entering the vehicle.

"Tell me, do you work for Colonel Velasquez?" He asked.

The driver said, "General Velasquez. But you are already in trouble for asking questions."

Question Lad rolled his eyes. "This is not Salvador, you have no authority on this planet. If you were the ones who murdered Suarez..."

The driver slammed on the brakes, "We have arrived." It was a closed-up building in the heart of Charltonburg. Question Lad was pushed out the car and led him inside. The driver telekinetically sealed the door behind them. He noted the bloodstains on the ground and the smell of bleach.

"Time for us to have alittle fun. You can't just mess with Erebus, little Security Council Officer," One of the men who entered with him pinched his cheek, and in return Question Lad grabbed his face. The man collapsed in an instance. Memories...memories of torture and horrors...horrors done to thirteen year old schoolgirls and seventy year old professors. And the fact that these men, no these monsters, have been fleeing justice ever since.

And he had invisibility. He used this invisibility to sneak up behind one of the men examing the unconsious one. Question Lad executed a Nelson hold on the man.

"This is not Salvador. I cannot torture you for information until you are sentenced to death by garroting. Please surrender now," Question Lad explained.

"Yes...I surrender," The man answered. However, the fight was not over as the driver was sent back inside the building. This time, the driver was carrying a dagger with a lion emblem on it.

Question Lad was astounded. This was the same sword General Velasquez offered him when he was approached to join Erebus. He couldn't help commenting, "That would look so much better in my hands."

"You are a lion's cub, O Judah; you return from the prey, my son. Like a lion he crouches and lies down, like a lioness--who dares to rouse him?" The telekinetic quoted as he launched his attack. Question Lad countered this by developing an invisible forcefield. (Genesis 49:9)

"Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow," (Isaiah 1:17) Question Lad answered, creating invisible spikes. The telekinetic used his power to reinforce his dagger.

"Your sins are no less than mine. I don't remember the exact verse," He finally got through Question Lad's defenses and Sebastian could see the lion emblem on his dagger, and he dodged it quickly. The telekinetic bent down to pick up his dagger, "But the scepter will never depart the house of Judah. Velasquez does't care that the Benjaminites are in control of Legion World."

Question Lad took advantage of this to grab the telekinetic and absorb this man's powers and memories. It was a tragic story, in which this poor clergyman was driven insane by a pirate attack on Orellana. He quickly let go before the man faded into unconsiousness.

He asked, "Why?"

"This is what the Lord Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another," (Zechariah 7:9) Question Lad smiled. The man handed him the Lion's Dagger and surrendered into custody.
~~~
"Two of the three suspects are wanted for war crimes on Madeira, and Governor Juz is demanding their return. The Nasgerian Crown thanks me for my services, because this act by Erebus could be considered treasonous," Question Lad read the last paragraph of his report aloud. He glanced at the clock and realized it was 3:00 A.M. Sebastian exited the Charltonburg Police Station and returned home.

[ April 15, 2011, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
***Memo for Question Lad***

Sebastian, I am sorry I have not been able to get back to you sooner, but I have been in meetings wwith the King of Daroon for several hours.

After dropping Furball and Hot Chick off at Webers World, I have become delayed by events involveing my family and Lard LAds children. We are currently under attack and I do not know when I will be able to get in contact again.

Please handle the affairs at the Office to the best of your abilities, and see if you can find Abin. He would be of great assistance to you in this time in case anything happens in my absence.

The government has been made awware of my delay and are in the process of taking the necessary steps to insure the dsafety of Legion World at this time.

Take care Sebastion and good luck.

-Dev Em

***End Memo***

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Dear Abin Quank,

The Security Council needs your assistance. As a resident of Sector 1417, I am well aware of the Green Lantern Corps' devotion to freedom and peace. I have requested someone from my sector, Korma Suu, to help sort out this political mess caused by Nasgerian soldiers on Legion World.

In Brightest Day and Blackest Night,

Sebastian Sage
~~~~
Question Lad sent the message quickly. He was disappointed at Dev-Em's response. This meant he was going to have to deal with General Velasquez directly. Sebastian theorized Velasquez is planning to overthrow the current Governor of Salvador. But as a Security Officer that was none of his business. He would have to be friendly.

[ April 20, 2011, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.