Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The untamed streets of Legion World (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The untamed streets of Legion World
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"It is good to visit Legion World. I have heard rumors of this place, but our Sector is pretty far from the United Planets. Now, it appears that Abin Quank is attending to other affairs. However, I have alerted my superiors and hopefully he will come shorty," Korma Suu of Korugar said. They were sitting in the lobby of the Virgil Hotel, which was currently doubling as a sort of embassy.

Question Lad looked down at his folded hands, "That is alright by me. We can discuss..."

An alert went out on the office. Apparently there was something going on at the LWIRS building.

Korma asked, "Why is the dot so close to our location?"

"It's right next door," He explained as they exited into the street. Question Lad and Korma Suu began talking to the police, who said it was a strange occurance. However, those inside were not taking hostages. They were looking for one person, and they intended to kill he or she.

Question Lad asked, "Do we have footage?" The officer in charge said they were having problems getting through government security, so Question Lad solved that problem and they got footage.

Question Lad and Korma Suu looked at the footage, and then at eachother in shock. "A Thunderer of Qward?!?"

The officer asked, "What is a Thunderer?"

"A Thunderer of Qward is from the Anti-Matter Universe," Question Lad said. There were still vacant expressions. "Most children in Sector 1417 grow up listening to Tales of the Green Lantern Corps*. But we need to get in their fast, if they are going to Qward it will be too late..."
*= Alan Moore worked on Green Lantern if you didn't know, so it ties in perfectly.

Korma Suu was already placing a forcefield bubble around Question Lad. She tried to mantain a straight expression as they ascended upon the roof. When they arrived inside the Thunderers had already killed two of the workers.

"The ring, fools! We want the Yellow Power Ring," one of the Thunderers said.They were trying to decide which of the workers looked the most like a photograph they posessed, and were killing the unlikely candidates.

They immediatley began firing on Korma Suu, who placed hard-light ropes around the hands of the Thunderers. Question Lad had hacked into everything and began directing the employees out while she battled with the Thunderers. Something caught his eye in the closet.

He opened the door slowly and a man was inside. This man stayed on the floor, and it looked like he was begging for mercy.

"Agent of Qward...take the ring but not my life," The man said. The ring flew out of his hands and appeared before Question Lad. He held it out to him but Question Lad said, "That is not a Yellow Power Ring. That's a diamond ring."

"I...I..." The man shook his head. "I lost the Yellow Power Ring a long time ago."

Korma Suu reappeared before Question Lad, and stared down at the man. She said, "It is over. What are you afraid of, Qwardian?"

"He's one of their agents, isn't he? Afterall, he is wearing yellow," He said.
~~~~
"Pick something from the catalogue," Red Arrow said.

"I think it's time to be alittle more friendly," He smiled and pointed to a picture. "I would like something like that"

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/cyclops-bigcostume11.jpg

[ April 20, 2011, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Korma Suu said, "I will be returning to the sector with two of the criminals. General Velasquez is requesting a full pardon for Tertullian Chavez."

"Hmm..." Question Lad thought. "I think I know what's going on." They parted from the Virgil Hotel and went in seperate directions. Korma Suu was going to the spaceport, while Question Lad was journeying below Legion World to Celephais Asylum. The underground location was meant to minimize the number of escapees and it was successive so far.

Question Lad said to the guard, "I like your security procedures here. It's very efficient."

"Yeah. Personally, I can't wait until Charltonburg starts hiring more police. I'm tired of working in this looney bin," The guard replied. The guard led him to the cell, and shut the door behind them both.

The man barely looked up, and kept writing:

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Pashan

"Who has been numbered and found wanting?" Question Lad asked.

"You know. Our minds touched so I know. The Romans are fools, and they have so many tribes on their side. Others are siding with the Persians and who can blame them? And who really cares about the Samaritans?" Tertullian rambles on and on. Question Lad is without a doubt that this man is some sort of schizophrenic.

"Forget about the Romans and Persians. Why did you come to Legion World?" He asked.

"I came to Legion World because it is an Alexandria. There are so many types of people, it is a center of learning. I am a simple seminary student," Tertullian replied. These statements sounded sane to Question Lad, which only confused him further.

"Why did you kill that man?" Question Lad asked.

Tertullian said, "My godfather gave me the job shortly after you rejected it. Suarez sacrificed his children in the fire, he was beyound salvation."

"You shall not--"He began to speak, but Tertullian managed to build up enough telekinetic energy to override the power dampeners. Question found himself thrown until the floor.

"You shall not judge me with you condemnation of my judgement! Listen to me, I know you are the chosen one. The angel told you that much when you met him," Tertullian continued. "We are brothers of the same tribe! You cannot run from destiny! I could not run from those pirates who beheaded my superiors and placed their heads on spikes--"

Question Lad was trying to get in contact with the guards, but they said nothing was wrong. Tertullian got closer to Question Lad who shielded his face in fear.

"We are normal to the outside world. All the Benjamites are out fighting for the Romans, so it's just the two of us," Tertullian stated.

Question Lad was frightened. He decided to bang on the glass, but Tertullian was trapping him with telekinesis. The two young men looked at eachother, neither sure what to do next.

"But did I give up? No, I did not give up! The pirates went down in fire and pain. Did you know? I have pyrokinesis and telepathy too, but my uncle had a highly skilled telepath lock them away. I want them back!" He shouted.

"And I want to leave. Can I leave?" Question Lad said.

"No, you are the chosen one. I will not hurt you, but if I have to destroy the entire Roman Empire to get you to see your destiny I will," Tertullian said.

"But if I'm indeed the chosen one, then it has been predetermined that I will fight alongside you one day. So if I leave now it won't make a difference," Question Lad pointed out. This made the telekinetic sigh and release all the shielding.

"Peace be with you, Sebastian." Tertullian said as Question Lad quickly exited.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Question Lad was running up the burning building, narrowing escaping a burning piece of wood coming down on his head. He heard feminine laughter in the distance, and did his best to focus on the task at hand.

As he ran up the staircase, a tall woman with red hair descended down the steps. Question Lad's attention was diverted by the sound of a safe crashing to the floor, and he glanced at a woman with black hair making her way out of a window with the loot.

It was at that moment that he felt an upper-cut. The woman asked, "What cannot be captured? Question Lad's attention!"

Question Lad asked, "What should be planned in advance?"

"What--?" The woman asked before she fell face-first upon the floor. Question Lad quickly hand-cuffed her.

"It's over, Quark. No more riddles," He said.

"Bah, you are an amateur! The Riddler will return someday. Then you will see true villainy," She said, looking down. When she looked up Question Lad was gone and Legionopolis firefighters and policemen were entering the building.

The woman with black hair was standing on a balcony carrying the loot. She said, "Now here's a riddle, made especially for you Question Lad. What does every adult make in his or her life?"

She threw the loot and then herself over the balcony. Question Lad, fortunately, had brought zip-lines and used one to grab the woman.

She smiled, "I knew you would save me. You are the hero." As they returned to the ground, he could see the officers scrambling to pick up the loot off the ground.

Question Lad said, "Sometimes there is no wrong answer, Echo. We call those subjective questions." He turned her in to police custody. The sargent says, "We found some electronic files earlier. Can you take a look at them?"
~~~~
Three hours later Question Lad was deciphering crossword puzzles, word searches, and anagrams in order to break through Riddler's massive security systems. His hacking skills kept hitting this things, it was like playing Mindsweeper.

A support staff worker suggested, "Maybe you want to take a break? Go get some lunch at Bullesyes."

Question Lad smiled at this idea. He changed into business casual clothes and entered Charltonburg. He wore a suit with a yellow tie, looking like a typical salaryman going out to lunch. The waiter was...well...he couldn't tell if the waiter was male or female.

The news was talking about identification of Red Bee's victims bodies. The waiter paused in pouring the coffee. The waiter whispered, "Taylor. Where are you?" She then asked, "Did you want cheese on your burger?"

"Not today, thank you." Question Lad was distracted by what was happening outside the window. There was some sort of robbery being committed by a masked figure wearing green and white.
~~~~
Question Lad arrived on the fourteenth floor of the building, and everything was quiet. Sure there were sirens outside, but it appeared both he and the villain were ignoring them. He occasionally found civilians tied and thrown into closets, but no injuries at all. This was was a robbery pure and--

"No! The question mark goes at the end of the sentence," The masked robber attacked from the ceiling. Sebastian could not tell from the voice if the robber was male or female. The robber apparently had super-senses because Question Lad was having little luck at hand-to-hand combat.

"There is no need to make this a felony," The criminal said. "I have no quarrel with you, Question Lad."

"Who are you?" Question Lad asked.

"I am Syntax. But I must be going, I have business in Britonopolis to attend to," The criminal said. The next thing Question Lad felt was the impact of a stun grenade, as the criminal made his exit. The police thanked Question Lad for his assitance in freeing the civilians, but he was lost in his own thoughts. Who was Syntax? And what did Britonopolis have to do with any of this?

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.