Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Beyond giving us asylum...do you mean you're ready and willing to fight with us? Des and I are very powerful, but we need as many heroes in this as we can get! Most of the LMB is against us, and the bad guys are against us as well...

<gestures toward Cobalt>

...it looks like we're gonna need to make his RMB the real deal!

<looks at Rocky>

Are you ready to be a Rebel? And if so, do you know anyone else who can throw in with us?

[ February 25, 2009, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: LardLad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I may eschew violence whenever I can, but that doesn't mean I can't fight when I need to. Everyone always forgets that. I'm no slouch, Lardy. Freezing things is just the beginning. And remember, my powers are magic-based. That might come in handy against a certain Daxamite.

And I know you can count on Time Teller Lad as well, and even Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle and Old Dutch the Super-Cow! Okay, maybe not Old Dutch, unless it's an absolute emergency, but she'll pitch in if need be!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<grins> We'll bench Old Dutch for now!

Man, I haven't felt this complete since...since I don't know when! Yeah, things are dire, but I have a purpose, y'know?

<looks around>

I've got my memory (good and bad) back, I've got my best friend back...and I've got you! I...I love you, man.

<gives him another hug>

'Night, Rocky!

<goes to his familiar guest bedroom and falls immediately asleep after a long, eventful day, leaving Rockhopper Lad much to ponder>

[ February 25, 2009, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: LardLad ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<wakes up quietly the next morning, for the first time in months after waking up>

(Hm...must have just passed out last night...helluva a last few days)

<notices bandages, and obvious medical treatment overnight>

Rocky's doctors must have seen to my wounds...from assassination attempts to fighting a certain ass-kicking Daxamite. I actually feel pretty good--not 100%, but close enough.

<walks downstairs>

Hopefully Lardy is getting some rest too. He seemed so reinvigorated last night. To be honest, I'm feeling the same way! I know we have some other allies that can help us...hopefully Jailbait Lass can meet us here if someone can get word to her. Because rested we may be but now there's work to be done.

<grabs cup of coffee>

Man, it feels good to have Lardy 'back'. <looks at painting on the wall of Rockhopper Lad addressing his loyal subjects> I think I know who to thank too...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky enters>

Good morning, Cobie. I see you're doing better. I'm glad to see it. I'm also glad to see you and Lardy have made up. It was so hard to see you two at odds.

<Pours himself some coffee also>

Lardy should be along soon. I guess we need to figure out what our best course of action is.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

*yaaawwwwnnnn*

<walks in wearing bathrobe with monogrammed "LL">

Hey, guys--I'm so hungry, I could eat Hyvvie!

<Hyvvie whimpers>

Just kidding, pal! <scratches Hyvvie's head>

Who do I have to kill to get some breakfast? <grins>

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

<Sighs>

Lardy, don't even joke about such things. Breakfast should be ready in a few minutes. Oh, I hope the staff laundered your robe properly. I still feel bad about that time they starched your underwear. Linens, they're used to; clothing, not so much.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yeah, the robe feels great, Rocky. Still can't believe you've had all of that clothing and linen made for me.

<turns to Cobalt>

Des, you're looking at the core of our honest-to-gods RMB! You said we need recruits--Rocky and Tim (and Hyvvie) are in, and I'm sure we can count on Lolita.

Any ideas who else may help us out here? My best possibilities are Triple G, Ex and Sharky. Neither's a cert for sure, but I think they're candidates.

Think about some others you could swing...Crujeckie? Matlock? Other Security Officers still loyal to you?

<back to Rocky>

So...do they know we're here, yet? Any political pressure coming down?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

None yet, but I expect it any time. Not from Legion World itself--I spoke with Nightcrawler and he--well he rolled his eyes and said he trusted my judgement--but from some folks in the LMB--particularly the Security Office. My Wee Fem, Space Ranger and Everyday Girl are none too happy with us. I feel really bad about the Ranger. I always admired him so much, but the lines have been drawn and I stand with you and Cobie. <Strokes Lardy's shoulders> You guys have been there for me.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Honestly, Rocky...I'm not seeing how we've "been there" for ya. Seems all I in particular have done is make your life difficult and overly complicated!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Oh, you're right. I was thinking of Ram Boy and Lad Boy.

Kidding.

Lardy, I won't say that you've been the most stable presence in my life, but when I've really needed you, you've never let me down.

And I've needed to be needed. I've mourned for Opnely Gay Lad--for Blaine--far longer than we were even together. I guess I've needed people to help take care of. Tim and--and Clive--both needed someone older and more experienced to be a mentor and friend. I think I've done pretty well with Tim and, Dywh knows, I tried with Clive. I took care of him when I thought you were gone because I knew you would want me to look after him. I'm sorry I didn't do a better job.

<Sighs> Don't feel bad about anything, Lardy. If my life is difficult and overly complicated, it's because I want it to be.

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Outside the Rookery an unusual yellow glow begins to form. A swirling twisting spinning tornado of light swiftly grows in intensity to a blinding flash and just as quickly slows back into the nothingness it came from leaving a bald headed man wearing a gold ring and a long yellow monks robe standing in front of the entrance.

"Do I smell coffee?"

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

My life is more complex than ever...but I feel happy! Weird, huh?

<senses something>

Rocky, we have a visitor outside. My hunch is that you should show him in.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

If you say so.

<Goes to the door>

Yellow Kid! What brings you to the Rookery?

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been a little worried about the guys. I know they hang out here sometimes, they're your friends Rocky. I wanted to see if you could help me find where they've gone. Look man I'll level with you, you're a young Legionnaire and your insight could be a big help.
I'm afraid the Security Office might be out of control. aI'm very afraid they have their own agenda running and that can't be good.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.