Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Come on in, YK. I'm guessing you mean Lardy and Cobie. They're here. We're about to sit down to breakfast. You're welcome to join us. We've been expressing concerns about the Security Office as well.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<waves> Hey, YK!

I overheard you and Rocky talking--I'm glad this isn't all sitting well with you.

Tell me...<looks YK in the yes>...are you feeling rebellious? If so and you have an open mind, we'd like to share some info with ya!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]

It's in my nature, chunky. Of course I'm a rebel. I have some thoughts too but I'm dying to hear someone else's and get a chance to brainstorm.

Listen, about that coffee, I don't use my transport powers often they're so energy intensive, I want to sit down for a bit.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Breakfast is ready, so please let's sit down and discuss.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<as they scarf down breakfast, Lardy and Cobalt summarize to YK and Rocky everything that Cobalt revealed to Lardy "in-between places">

So we're up against this Traveller...this "Justin Thyme", if you will--but at the same time we've got the Security Office breathing down our necks!

Thoughts?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

[Big Grin]
Ah..the coffee's good. I should have come here earlier. Thanks.

Look guys, I've put us out on a limb defending both of you lately. It won't hurt the PCG as a whole, we're pretty independent but personally I don't really look forward to having a Daxamite after my old scrawny butt. This better be worth it.

Not to ignore you Rocky. You live for controversy it's your bread and butter. I hope this is just a little internal disagreement that got out of control but if it's as big as I fear your butt could be on the line too.
Mmmm..bread and butter, is that blackberry jam?
Oh yes, to die for.
Delicious.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Oop.
-wiping flakes of biscuit from chin-
S'cuse me.

I rarely do it but I showed off that I can use that Spin power to time travel. AND..my staff is a lot better than I've ever let anybody know. I think this Justin character is a pawn of a bigger opponent. Somebody manipulating time lines and trying to get some of us either wiped out or changed into a different version of ourselves.

We need to be certain we have a base line that's untouchable.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Sounds like we're really lucky you've landed on our side, YK. Having someone who has some time powers on our side will be invaluable. <gestures at Rocky> Rocky's magic could help as well.

As for the Security Office...Des, I think we could use a member of the Quank family in our RMB if you can convince one. Maybe, Abin? He, or one of the others, could run some interference for us since the big S.O. movers against us are the Quanks. Think about that one.

<turns back to YK>

So...pretend I'm a dumb guy [yeah, big stretch [Big Grin] ]...what do you mean by a "base line"?

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Well, they can't touch me without changing a massive amount of history. My origin goes way back, I'm the oldest Legionnaire of all, I was born before Superboy even. But you guys are modern. You do know you have dopplegangers in the Pocket Universe don't you? I've met them.

Cobie's one of our Time Trappers. It's "above my pay grade" so I don't know exactly what he can do but...

The Legionnaires board is long gone, we can't depend on it for a fall back but Crujectra's brother created a home for us even before that board fell to the "white out". Thats just an idea of course. What I mean is we need is a "safe" time line that a time manipulator can't affect. just in case.

Moving forward is a different task.
[Big Grin]
I've placed an operative in the Security Office. Not to betray them mind you, that's not the point. He's there to help direct their efforts toward a resolution but..believe me he won't back down from a fight with us if it comes to that. When Bob takes on a job he's very serious about it.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yeah, don't mess with a guy who can go all Godzilla on us Bambis!

<thinks>

But all is going well. We've got the pieces in place, and our RMB is growing by the minute! We might just lick this crisis, yet.

<and so, the four of them digest and ponder the ponderous kinds of thoughts that must be pondered in crises like this one>

<and on top of this, Rocky and Lardy ponder ponderous subplottery things unrelated to the other things they ponder>

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<as Cobalt eats, he takes in all of their words, showing a rare side of him that only his most trusted and beloved friends know: that he is an excellent listener and not just a blowhard; naturally, he makes this part of him a big secret from the public>

<Cobalt also eyes the very close “friendship” between Lard Lad and Rockhopper Lad and cannot help but smile>

Hm, I always said mushrooms go good with anything, particularly omelets.

Now, as to some of your points. Matlock will definitely helps and indeed, he is helping right now. He’s been helping me all along and he was the first person I went to when I left Abin Quank’s office. But joining an RMB? That’s not really his style. He won’t take a side and he doesn’t need to; he’ll solve the case. But I consider on my side nonetheless—you won’t see him arresting us.

Getting one of the Quank family on our side…let’s just say I’m working on it. <grins, then sees all three rolling their eyes; he holds up hands> Okay, Okay, I know, I said no more secrets. Abin and Pagan Lass are deeply involved in this entire plot. In fact, I believe they crucially connected to what is going on and what Justin Thyme is trying to do. You see, Justin Thyme is trying to use the natural energies of Legion World’s power of time/space to transport himself forward in time and across space here to LW, and in doing so, cause a sacrifice so someone switches places. Thus far, he’s been successful in doing that temporarily with some of our consciousness only.

But I believe that someone else is trying to do the same exact thing. Bear with me—I think Pagan Lass and Stoopid Cat, following the debacle at Slim’s bar, were lost in space and time. In fact, I know they were. Their history is long and complicated. YK, you say you’re before Superboy’s time, and that’s true. You are indeed, the ‘first’ Legionnaire. But there are heroes that go back much farther than that. To Pre-history, and Pre-Egypt, and that is where Pagan Lass, Stoopid Cat and even STU originate from (see LMB History in the Encyclopedia forum for this much complicated and awesome backstory). I believe either Pagan and Stoopid Cat were sent back there or are plain lost in time/space.

And now I think Abin is trying to get Pagan Lass back to Legion World…but somehow use her magics to stop the sacrifice. And somehow, Numbnuts the Semi-Incomprehensible is involved. I know who he is purely because I’m the official LMB Historian and Chief of Security and well, I deal in secrets on a daily basis. Numbnuts was the chief concubine of Bast, the Goddess of Pre-Egypt. Bast is the goddess whom Pagan Lass channels her magicks. So this Numbnuts character is who we have to find. That’s why he’s vitally important. By the way, I think he’s a eunuch, which is always weird and gross and a little funny.

<eats bacon>

What, I can’t say ‘eunuch’ while we eat?

So we have three jobs: (1) find Justin Thyme, or who is controlling, (2) find Numbnuts, and (3) find the ‘agents’ helping Justin Thyme on Legion World, as we know there is at least one. And all the while, avoiding the Security Office and potentially recruiting some help in this ‘RMB’.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

By the way, YK, you're presence here is invaluable. Don't think I've forgotten how we 'met' you.

<to Rocky>

Yellow Kid was one our biggest super-villains during our second and third years. Ultimately, he joined the LMB. So if anyone knows what its like being on the run, or being a 'rebel', well, its him.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I'll be honest, I'm not used to being a "rebel". I know when a cause is right, though. And besides, Lardy nee--that is you and Lardy need me.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<grins>

Lardy does need you, Rocky, I agree. He's been through a lot. And so have you...so its good that you can both be there for each other.

<hand on Rocky's shoulder>

In other words, I'm happy for you both if you can trust one another and be there for one another like that.

<without forcing Rocky or Lardy to talk about something they might not want to, Cobalt feels satisfied he got his point across>

Now then, if Space Ranger isn't banging down the door yet, that means he's planning something. He's one tough opponent...he is not weakened by arrogance or cockiness. He knows he can't beat Lardy and I together, so don't think he'll try for a round two the same way. He'll bring help, I know it. So Lardy, I think splitting up would not be a good option.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<happy to change subject from him and Rocky> Agreed. <looks around at them> Y'know, I've been all about guilt lately...is it wrong that I'm feeling more alive than I have in years while we're in this dire situation? <smiles>

Anyway, beyond his leadership in the Security Office, should we be looking at Ranger as a possible accomplice to Thyme? I mean, far be it from me to cast suspicion on guys back from the dead, but there's still so many questions about him.

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.