Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 41)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matter-Eater Lad:
Thanks for the welcomes. From looking at the member directory, it actually looks like there was another M-E Lad, although he didn't use the hyphen ("Matter Eater Lad"). I just selected the name on a lark during registration, assuming it was taken. If there's any problems/confusions, I'm sure a mod will let me know.

DJ

No worries, Tenzil. I'm sure the original M-E Lad has been lost to antiquity (unless, of course, he is an alt-ID of MLLASH, which is always possible.) :-)

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bi-Polar Boy
sometimes up, sometimes down

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bi-Polar Boy   Email Bi-Polar Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Name
Where you live: Michigan...Detroit area
What you do: Design engineer

Legion info: I came into the Legion world during the early Keith Giffen run. I can't remember which issue. I think it was "Who is TimberWolf?", pre-Crisis storyline. I lived through most of the post-Crisis lines up until the end of the Legion Lost maxi-series. I pretty much gave up after that.

I came about Polar Boy for a couple reasons. One, I like the character, even when he took over as the Legion. Another is when I was role playing him with the DC Comics role playing system. I was battling a villian and rolled a critical hit. High enough that Polar Boy actually killed the villian. This was over 10 years ago and is still a running joke with us.

Other things you like: Running, swimming, working out, reading Christian books.

Anything else that you want to share! Not really. Unless anyone needs to know anything else.

--------------------
Any concerns about the content...live with it.

From: in a lithium haze | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, you didn't mention Kinetix, so we can't be friends...JUST KIDDING! Come and give me hug!

Welcome, and thanks for the info, not everyone does one of these.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bi-Polar Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bi-Polar Boy   Email Bi-Polar Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
::give Viv a hug:: umm, I won't get in trouble if I did this, will I??

Regarding the Kinetics thing, I wasn't wholly sold on the "Lost Legion" storyline since it paralelled Star Trek: Voyager and I thought it was a blantant rip-off.

--------------------

From: in a lithium haze | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Polar Boy v2.0:
::give Viv a hug:: umm, I won't get in trouble if I did this, will I??

Regarding the Kinetics thing, I wasn't wholly sold on the "Lost Legion" storyline since it paralelled Star Trek: Voyager and I thought it was a blantant rip-off.

I never liked the terraform!

I like hugs, just watch the hands.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bi-Polar Boy

Oh...sorry...  -
Sometimes my hands have a mind of their own.

--------------------

Alienfish
Replicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alienfish   Author's Homepage   Email Alienfish         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Bill
Live: Camano Island, Wa
Do: Moving company emp. Former colorist for Image comics

Started reading Legion in the early 70's about 72 or 73. It was an older Adventure ish. Really got into it durring Mike Grell's run. # 212

--------------------
Whatta ya gonna do? Bleed on me?

From: Camano Island, Wa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
How cool. What did you work on at Image? I'll bet you have dozens of cool stories about working at a comics studio.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alienfish
Replicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alienfish   Author's Homepage   Email Alienfish         Edit/Delete Post     
I worked on everything that Extreme Studios did(I know, I know evil incarnate, but it was a way into the comics field). Glory, Youngblood, Bloodpool, Avengelyne, Prophet... everything around '95 and '96. After that I did some Grifter, Darkness, Altered Image, Black Panther, Pitt Crew, Ash... I don't remember it all.

Most of the guys were great. Inkers Danny Miki and Jon Sibal were awesome to be in the same studio.

--------------------

From: Camano Island, Wa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alienfish
Replicant

I'd love a crack at coloring the Legion.

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin] This is as good a place to audition as any. Some of the Legion staff like to read through threads here so if you join in the art threads in "Bits" there's a chance they'll see your stuff.
Heck, we'd love to see some too.
...and welcome aboard. We're kind of wierd but we're fun. (at least WE think so)

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alienfish
Replicant

Not sure how to add pics to the board but here is a link to some of my art

http://alienfishaudio.com/Portfolio.htm

Let me know what you think

Bill

--------------------

Bi-Polar Boy

I like it. I might have some of those issues.

--------------------

3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooo
I like. Those are lovely.

If you use the Full Reply Form when you post you can use either the "Image" or "Thumb" option to add pics. That's the easiest way to add artwork.

Like this-
Click for fullsize image

The actual link looks like this-
THUMB]http://alienfishaudio.com/Comdark.JPG[/THUMB
-except that I removed the parts that surround the link to make the picture show up.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alienfish
Replicant

Thanks for getting my Darkness page up here. It was the only thing I did for Top Cow.

--------------------

This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.