Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 44)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidMarvel (Bunny)   Email KidMarvel (Bunny)         Edit/Delete Post     
Ive been meanig to get around to writing this for awhile....

AKA Joeboy
Nickname: Joey FTB (from the block)
Where do you live? Newcastle, Australia
What do you do? During the week I lead a normal life as a High School Librarian, and on the weekends I work in a nightclub in Sydney

I first started reading the Legion with Legionnaires #1 and have been a pretty faithful fan ever since…there was a period where I stopped reading comics in general but I have recently started reading again, and, despite issues with the coloring, I’m loving the New reboot. Kitsons’ art is phenomenal and Mark Waid can do no wrong in my books.

My Favorite Legion artist will always be Chris Sprouse, However Lee Moder is another favorite.
Artists that I wish would work on Legion are Chris Bachalo, Jim Lee and George Perez (even if only it was a poster ala JLA/Avengers #3)

I know its not many fans favorite but Im a BIG fan of the Giffen Legion…even up to Zero Hour…Although admittedly the Legion on the Run and Brainy as crochetty old man was pretty naff .

The current state of my Legion collection is pretty dismal, as due to events I wont go into, I lost my entire Comic Collection, Minus One box of various issues of various titles…I think in all there would maybe have been 10 or so Legion issues.

Other things I like: Horror Movies, Terry Pratchett novels, Blueberry Donuts, Trance Music, Dance Parties in the middle of nowhere (or “Doofs” as they’re known here) , Brian Froud, Ani Defranco and Edward Gorey.

Theres a book called “1001 movies to see before you die” of which I have seen 946...So I think its safe to say that Im as obsessed a person can be about Movies without being a Film Student.

My top 10 movies are:

1: Donnie Darko
2: Napoleon Dynamite
3: Fargo
4: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
5: Battle Royale
6: the Nightmare before Christmas
7: the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
8: Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetry Man)
9: Human Traffic
10: Blood, the last Vampire

Though it’s a little unhealthy I have a near encyclopedic knowledge of Serial Killers. This doesn’t mean, however, that I aspire to being one myself…

Finally I just wanted to mention what an a massive part of my life the Legion has been. It seems that for every bad thing that has happened in my life there’s been a Legion issue to get me through it. Most recently, the Three boot (is it three boot? It is isn’t it? ) has helped me to finally Kick a Drug addiction that started just after the Suicide of my Twin Brother. I’ve been Drug Free for 2 and a half years now (well that’s only if you don’t count beer and cigarettes lol.) and whenever I get the offer I just say, simply, “Sorry, But Im so sick of it I could scream.”

"Das, was man sich vorstellt, braucht man nie zu verlieren"

Seacrest, out

--------------------
And therein lies the game my hard nippled friend

From: Newcastle Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, all... just registered here...

My name's Wes, age 35, I'm a cartoonist and longtime (it doesn't feel long, but...) Legion fan.

I started reading Legion in '83, towards the beginning of the first Levitz/Giffen run, and once I read #300, with Swan, Cockrum, Sherman, and the rest, I was really hooked for life.

At the same time, DC was reprinting the early stories in Adventure digest, and I ate those up, too. As dated as those stories seemed in the '80s, there was something about them that no other DC or Marvel book was doing for me. 20+ years later, and those digests are still about an arm's length from where I type this (now along with the Archive editions).

As a side note, I worked for some years as a letterer for Comicraft, and when Mike McAvennie offered us Legion back in '99, I fought like crazy to be given the book. I worked with Mike, and then later with Stephen Wacker from 'Legion of the Damned' (LSH #122), through Legion Lost, Legion Worlds, and The Legion, up until #24 (Lightle issue!).

But the real reason I'm here now, is the newest reboot. I loved the first issue -- it captured so much of what to me was the feeling of the old, old Legion... I mean, it's so different, but somehow it feels so much closer than what we've had in a long time (and even though I loved that stuff, too)...it's hard to describe... "Sense of wonder," comes close, I guess. I worried if they'd be able to keep the book this good, but they have -- it's been great!

And I needed to be able to talk with others about it...

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey KidMarvel and SouthtownKid, great to have two new faces. I've no idea where Newcastle or Southtown are, but hey, I've no idea where Toledo is and I live here. [Big Grin]

Oh sorry, you'll have to learn to ignore THAT personality.

Welcome to you both! You both seem to have some skills I could strive to. KidMarvel, some fortitude there buddy! I got a feeling you'll be a Mission Monitor Board Regular and SouthTown I know we'll ALL be looking forward to seeing some of your art over on Bits o' Legionnaire Business!

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Blockade Boy,

I also am from Australia, from a smaller city called Adelaide. I've been a Legion Worlder for a few weeks, but with so many new faces to introduce yourself to, its understandable how you could miss mine.

I dont intend to ever be forgotten - but in a good way, of course LOL

Brian

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It occurs to me I've never actually introduced myself here how rude. When I found this place I didn't think I'd be posting here quite so much but since I am, here goes.

Name: Peter

Legion Stuff: Started with the new series, love it. Have recently read most of the Adventure and most of the Superboy/LSH issues for the first time. The eighties stuff I have only a vague knowledge of.

Other Interests: I have degrees in biological science and biz admin.

Known in my circle as the king of trivia, I've won a few trivia competitions back in the day but the proviso is the stuff I know can't possibly be useful in any real-life situation. Oh if I use bad corporate jargon a lot, it's because I only recently completed the biz degree and the brainwashing has not worn off yet.

[ July 11, 2005, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, never introduced myself, either. I think I'll keep it that way. Somebody around here has to be a mystery. [Smile]

Welcome aboard, folks!

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Great to see so many new faces, 'specially the Aussies! Mmmm... that accent's so dreamy... [Big Grin]

[Optimus Prime]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Enjoyed our brief online chat, KP, pity you couldnt stay...

Brian

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to all of you!

Tamper Lad, I'm sure you'd love the Spaceopoly Forum. We have tons of trivia games there.

SouthtownKid, that's pretty cool! It's always great meeting someone who's worked on the Legion. Nice work on the lettering.

KidMarvel, congratulations on kiicking your habit. You're a pretty strong guy.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Insouciant Lad, don't be shy! There's a lot of fun to be had on Legion World!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidMarvel (Bunny)   Email KidMarvel (Bunny)         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

KidMarvel, congratulations on kiicking your habit. You're a pretty strong guy.

Just call me Guido Carosela

(X-Factor reference)

--------------------
And therein lies the game my hard nippled friend

From: Newcastle Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm....i'm going to have to go through this thread to see if i've already introduced myself...if not its WAY WAY WAY overdue!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graypilgrim
itinerant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graypilgrim   Email Graypilgrim         Edit/Delete Post     
I've spent the better part of two days at work going through these various boards. I guess I should at least make a formal presentation to the crew whose posts I have enjoyed reading!

I've read the Legion off and on, and I have extremely fond memories of the earlier issues I stumbled upon: Supergirl was a member and Cosmic Boy wore the disco costume. I read pretty faithfully in the 80s, read the Great Darkness, got a little confused and distracted with what followed, watched the Earth destroyed (bad move, that), but then the reboot just did me in. I'm back now with the new series.

Because of time and finances, I read comics selectively: my current titles include some of the Seven Soldiers series, LSH, Black Panther. I like the Justice Society but really want to limit my comic buying.

I'm in grad school, and have a habit of collecting degrees. I'm on my third master's, this one in theology. I should be working on my master's paper (I graduate in a year, I hope) on Julian of Norwich, a 14th century English mystic, but right now I'm in lazy summer mood.

I'm looking at the possibility of doctoral work in the future, either pastoral theology or church history, likely emphasis: patristics/early church. (Does the Legion need a resident chaplain?)

I'm currently a librarian. My training was in rare books but now I work in digital information. Go figure.

I've managed to get two boyfriends hooked on comics, but the current one isn't budging.

I'm currently addicted to City of Heroes, and can be found almost exclusively on Pinnacle. I so enjoy some tabletop games, and I used to write for White Wolf (et al.).

My favorite Legion heroes include Dream Girl, Karate Kid, Night Lass (for some reason--I think it is the jet black costume and bouffant hair), and the White Witch. Okay, I like a lot of them.

Here's me: (if i can do this correctly)
 -

-

They're both within the past five years. I stopped having pictures made in the past couple of years. Gimme some time in the gym, and maybe I'll feel okay about pictures again :-P

But school gets in the way. Actually, City of Heroes gets in the way of school, which gets in the way of the gym...yadda yadda [Smile]

From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

A big welcome to you too, Graypilgrim! Man, you sure do have an accomplished life.

--------------------

Graypilgrim
itinerant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graypilgrim   Email Graypilgrim         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you! And i'm really not accomplished--I just look good on paper [Smile]
From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.